Selling players and Winning the League

Kaarto7

Reaction score
Trying to sell a lot of dead wood now that I have about 15 regens coming through who are high enough quality to play back up. So, my question is, what strategies do I use to sell this dead wood? These are players like Xabi Alonso and Javi Garcia, who I have set to sell at any price, but there are no takers. Any ideas to get rid of them so I can trim down the squad and start giving my regens first team football?

In 2015 I won the BPL, In 2016 Chelsea won the BPL. In 2017 in January we are equal on top. Chelsea have an absolute super team for great players, and they will be hard to stop. So, what are some strategies to help their downfall so I can sit on top of the league? Spend all my money poaching their best players? Constantly declare interest in players and unsettle them? What steps can I take to distract Chelsea so I can start comfortably winning the title?

Mini Question- David Silva is 30, and playing out of his skin. List him for transfer now and cash in, given I have lot's of backup (lower quality like James Rodriguez and Quintero) or just keep him until he slowly turns into bench cover and retires?

Try playing dead wood players as much as possible to get teams interested in them. No one will buy them if they hardly get a game.

Using the media to your advantage would be your best bet

I would sell him.

Normally I use a First Team and get young backups for every position, eventually the backups will become first team players and the former first team players will become the backups. Ofcourse, you'll be bound to have more regens coming through, so once the regens have the ability to play in the league you're in, they will take over from the oldies.

I recommend keeping the oldies because they're good for tutoring youngsters. The reason they do not sell is because they are old, and as their stats decrease their ability reduces, meaning you're often left with someone whose wages are worth more than their ability.

You should try keep a small squad size. Loan out some of the younger players who you're struggling to give game time to, making sure they are at clubs with good training facilities and are playing in a league which matches their ability.

I'm in 2019 on my ManUtd save and now I just sell players if an offer comes in which I feel offers me good value and if I feel that I can replace the player. When it comes to buying players, I just sign players on frees. Signed Isco on a free not too long ago and just signed Bale on a free, but paid 8M to get him right away. It's a good way of keeping a slim squad and still having depth.

Play them a bit, one time I wanted to sell Arteta from Arsenal, so i listed him in the transfer list, I put him the last 15 minutes and i sold him at 2M