rookiemanager

Reaction score
I know how to sell players (transfer list/offer to clubs) or release them (though i only release if im over wage budget), but so far i always sell my players for free (although they are valued at 0).

I dont mind if they not worth nothing, but when i go up the leagues im scared that i could sell them for free. I am seeking advice on making money for unwanted players that are worth something. Give examples if you can much appreciated

Also say if you had a bid for your best player, how much will you sell him for? 5 times the amount he is valued? 10 times? 100 times? Again, give examples would help me

If somebody made an offer for my best player then it depend what team I am to say whether I was going to accept it or not.
For example - If I am Man City and somebody offers £60M for my best player , I reject - I do not need the money.
If I am Accrington Stanley and somebody offers £5M for my best player - I accept - I could structure the entire club with that sort of money.

Usually I sell my players, who I transfer list, for 2x the value, but Im sure there will be better ways out there.

i tend to not sell a player for any less than he was previously bought for sometimes work on getting maybe a 10% profit or a 25% profit and so forth

A player highly sought after will normally fetch 2 times their value if offered out, I normally throw in 50% sell on fees as well to make a sizeable return in the long term, some however are hard to shift. Giving them consistent game time and a bit of form helps this process considerably. If a player has interest on them and you offer them out at base value, 80% of the time you'll have a reasonable offer given the value. I haven't managed lower league clubs before, so the financial situation may very well dictate a forced sale. If someone is your best player though and they can't be replaced, why would you ever want to sell?

Ok. Well i would only sell star player if its 100 times his value lol. So i will use this thread as a guide into the future. I guess its different managing low league teams as wage budget is low and you have to shift dead wood more quicker to keep with the finances.

Im guessing the better the wage budget flexibility, the more patience you can have with transfer listed players, so if your a big team, you can transfer list a player and just wait for a good enough offer to come in, instead of getting rid of dead wood quickly to 'balance the books'.

Would only ever sell a star player for silly amounts of money

If they are wanted by several clubs I'd offer out for double or 1/3 more of their worth to see what comes in

If they are young and worth zilch, offer out for free + 50% of next transfer

I usually have to sell my players for their valuation and i havent managed to sell for more than a 20% profit yet. I have had offers for my star players but i reject because they are exactly that, my star player and i cant afford to lose them.
I agree with previous posts with regards to selling unwanted youth players. I let them go for free (or a minimal amount) but add in a 50% next sale clause.