Big John

Reaction score
hi i seem to be having real difficulty selling players for what ever team im managing.

example, i was man city in my second season an couldnt even get offers for free for shaun wright philips, gareth barry, joleon lescott all set to 0 asking price an offered them loads to clubs.
an when teams did come in for them the players demanded money to move. also the same thing happend when i go liverpool.

is this a bug cos in real life most teams in prem would sign wright phillips, lescott an barry for nothing. no question bout it.

anyone else having this problem?

Yes, players can be really hard to sell. I think it has to do with a couple of things:
- how long are they playing for your club? The shorter their stay the harder I think it is to sell them if unwanted. Other clubs might think they are bad buys.
- player salery, if it's high, and it is with Man City, they will demand simular wages at their next club. If these clubs can't afford that they'll ask you to cough up the difference. Some players just like to sit on the bench/stands and still get payed a lot, than playing and earning less. Winston Bogarde at Chelsea was a prime example of this.

In my Tottenham game for instance it was near impossible to sell Peter Crouch. Earning 69K/week and having joined at the start of the previous season. Pavluchenko on the other hand (apart from being better) joined in 2008 and has a lower salery (55K or something) and him I was able to sell on first offer.

All man city players are on massive wages! so for a newly promoted team or a lower league team. We cant afford to sign 31 year old Gareth Barry for 80k a week when our best striker is only on 25k.

If you are playing the game without any patches then yes it is a bug. I find that when clubs start asking about a player that of course is the best time and you can sell them at least for double what they are worth. Or at least when you are an up and coming team. You should be able to sell most of their guys though for what their value is at minimal. I am a very, very small team and I sold like 10 guys between 2 years and got 63 million so if you are a top team like that you should be able to sell people for money.

I'm at Benfica and my players don't have milionary wages but I'm strogelling almost the same difficults =(

Players are difficult to sell and when we sell's is for very low price for his quality. For example Fábio Coentrão or David Luiz are very good players and are almost every games managers whateching them but nobody make a proposal....

I think it is a bug

im using the latest patch, just a nightmere trying to offload me unwanted players. in previous footy managers uv always been able to sell your players. just seems strange on this new 1

did 4 seasons with liverpool pre patch and didn't recieve a single offer for 1st teamers. only up to october in new game with patch so we'll see if its been fixed

im using the latest patch, just a nightmere trying to offload me unwanted players. in previous footy managers uv always been able to sell your players. just seems strange on this new 1

When do you try to sell them. I always sell my players at the end of the year cause at the beginning I can never usually sell them, that is unless they are wanted by a club, but at the end of the last game I can usually get offers for most guys. That is unless they were buried on my depth chart and then its hard to sell them off.

i try an sell em in the summer 1st transfer window, an can never get rid then i try in jan aswel get a few offers at first but then the players want money to move. surely u would take a pop at wright phillips, barry, lescott for nothing i understand bout there wage demands maybe but surely youd pay there wages cos u would have bought them for nothing, doesnt make any sense. on previous fm u could sell player quite easily. i used to get 12m for lucas wen i was liverpool now im lucky if i get offers or his value.

seems to me that theyv made some wrong changes to the game, very frustrating when u want to sign players but cant cos the squad will be too big

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:59 PM ----------

did 4 seasons with liverpool pre patch and didn't recieve a single offer for 1st teamers. only up to october in new game with patch so we'll see if its been fixed

iv just downloaded the newest patch so will give it ago an see if it changes anything regarding player offers.

I'm playing with the latest patch with City. It's not very hard to sell players, sometimes yes. But when you get a offer, usually they demand money to move. I have never seen in the game that a player would have taken a pay-cut. I dont know if it's even possible.

I'm playing with the latest patch with City. It's not very hard to sell players, sometimes yes. But when you get a offer, usually they demand money to move. I have never seen in the game that a player would have taken a pay-cut. I dont know if it's even possible.[/QUOTE]

yer had a few offers here an there an they always demand money to move, surely tho they must realise if your goin to move to a so called lower ranked team you should expect a pay cut.

i dunno maybe in this day in age footballers would rather play for money then pride if so its a disgrace to football