Sentimentality in FM

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
Anyone else get the urge to do something really irrationally sentimental whilst playing FM? I can't ever sell a club legend, personally. On top of that, I felt truly sad 15 years into a Villa game when my last player from my original squad, Delfouneso, retired.

The most ridiculous was when I had a fairly rubbish striker and was 2-1 down in the FA cup final. My first choice got injured and I ended up throwing on this useless backup - but he scored twice. He then proceeded to repeat the feat in Carling Cup final, and then that was it. Job for life for him. Never played a league game for the club, but he was happy mucking around in the reserves, and I was happy only ever playing him in cup finals.

Any of you a bit sentimental in this respect?

I shall never get rid of Rocamora on my La Cultu story. It was also painful to see Pernia retire, i gave him a coach job even though hes not a great coach.

Haha yer mate.. I have bostock in my side in 2016 and even though I could easily buy a better replacement I just stick with him.

Also on my leeds game, I kept howson all the way to the prem and never replaced him even though I won the champions league.

Haha yer mate.. I have bostock in my side in 2016 and even though I could easily buy a better replacement I just stick with him.

Also on my leeds game, I kept howson all the way to the prem and never replaced him even though I won the champions league.

same here, on my charlton game im challenging for leagues and champions leagues, but i still have kelly youga. i couldnt bare to see him go

Mine at Newcastle are Steven Taylor, Nile Ranger Jonas, Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll. No matter what, they have done the job.

At Atalanta its Consigli, Doni(even at 36), Jaime Valdes and Edgar Barretto.

nedum onuoha. I refuse to sell him no matter what. Love the guy.
David villa was 36 in one of my saves and never started but i wouldnt sell him, despite offers of 1 million plus.

N'Zonzi.

Hands off.

When i play as man city i dont sell any of the people that i like, my 4 time champions league winning team still has SWP and Vincent Kompany

Also always sign Badelj, Horava, Otamendi and Djalo. Thats sentimentality....

Everytime I do a Hércules save, I can never bear to see Femenia or Fárinos go. EVER.

Whenever I play in the lower leagues I ALWAYS sign Michael Misfud on a free transfer, I dunno if its because hes a beast of a striker in the lower leagues or because I'm so used to signing him that i do it automatically. However I won't get rid of him once I'm in the top flight as hes done such a good job of getting me there.Misfud and Simeon Jackson up front ohh what a force :) Also I am prepared to sell all the current members of the AC Milan squad IRL but I wont sell Gattuso, its the year 2017 and hes still in my squad but hasn't played a game for 2 years ! I keep persuading him to not retire and keep giving him a new contract, so hes costing my £30K + as week to sit in the stands !

Michael Owen. First season Champions league final half time, Man Utd 2- 0 Real Madrid, so i changed to contain, they score twice via benzema, 2-2. i put owen on in the 76th minute, he scores 2 as a lone striker, 1 sweeper, 3 dc, 3 dm, 3 cm, all on defend, it was truly amazing.

i have to have scottish players in my celtic team, even though they are all pish

Jonás Gutierrez, José Enrique, Andy Carroll, Steven Taylor and Steven Harper get a lot of sentimentality from me, also hired Antoine Sibierski as a scout, despite him being ****. I also keep Mogwo on and give him a nice contract, since I know him

i cant help it but as soon as giggs retires i sack my assistant and hire giggsy

I wont ever sell Charlie Reece, he is so under-appreciated in FM :S

I always play Bobby Traynor up front when managing Kingstonian despite FM underrating him horribly to the point where he usually is classed as 'back up' when you start the game.

Never ever sell Phil Bardsley at Sunderland he is my hero love that man :)

Also always play Kevin Phillips if I am lucky enough to sign him and play him until he can no longer play

Will never sell Casillas, Ronaldo or Toni Kroos in my Madrid game. Want them all listed as Legends.

Will never sell Casillas, Ronaldo or Toni Kroos in my Madrid game. Want them all listed as Legends.
ive already made the manchester old guard coaches, expect to do the same with rio, maicon evra in a few years times. only in 3rd season and wayne rooney has already become a legend