Isildur58

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm managing Arsenal. I recently signed Aguero because he was transfer listed and I just wanted to see how he works. However, I noticed that he rarely scores for me and gets relatively low ratings (6.5). Perhaps this is because he just came into my squad, or perhaps it is because I set him as Trequartista? He is usually alone, as this is my preferred formation with Arsenal? Should I pair him up with a Target Man (Lukaku/ Mitrovic)? Or should I keep him as a lone striker up front? Or is he just taking time to get used to my squad?

i would say have Mitrovic/Lukaku up front as a lone striker and have Aguero behind him as a Trequartista

For me aguero has always been under-rated on fm.... Doesn't matter how many goals he scores he never gets a slight upgrade whilst RVP Falcao Cavani all look like monsters (im a utd fan) yet this guy who is out of the top draw of footballers same as the other 3 and has had arguably equally great seasons over the past 5 years if not better...... but back on topic develop his finishing use him as a poacher I know hes got all the flair ect but this guy can and will score for fun

He plays way better when paired upfront with TM or DLF. He has the worst ppm - shoots from distance (which is not case in rl at all).

Yup, he does not shoot from distance IRL. Look at the amount of shots he takes from long range in analysis and you'll know why he gets poor ratings.

He plays way better when paired upfront with TM or DLF. He has the worst ppm - shoots from distance (which is not case in rl at all).
This.

I've also mentioned this before in another thread, and it's good to see there are more people who has discovered this. That PPM is really ******** him over, because he's literally perfect.

I haven't tried him in FM14 yet, though I played him in FM12 and FM13.

He doesn't perform as a lone striker, but paired with another striker he's class. In my own experience, he best performs as a DLF - Support, to utilize his high passing and creativity, using this in a 4-1-2-1-2 alongside a poacher or treqartista has always had him averaging 1 goal + 1 assist per match for me.

Anyone else tried that?