RavenWire

Reaction score
I have a bit of a dilemma. I've just received a ridiculous offer - £48.5m - for Steven Gerrard, and was wondering whether its worth accepting. Bearing in mind I've also got an £18.5m offer on the go from Barcelona for Alonso.

I've got a team loaded with young talent - Saivet, Fleck, Sakho, Buonanotte, Fazio, Mattock, Fiorillo - so There are players who can come in, but can I bring in better (if that is humanly possible, it is Gerrard afer all!)

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

Id advise not if he is your captain and a key player in your squad cos this could damage morale also its uncertain that a new signing would settle in especially a foreigner

Yea you could potentially destroy your team. Sell Alonso won't make much of a difference.

yeah keep stevie gerrard, he's better than frank lampard, he's big n he's fuckn hard !!!

offers closer to the 100m if they ever happen on the game are what you should accept for stevie

I got Sakho quite cheap, £6.75m. Tried on other games can't seem to get them to budge below 7.5m

Gerrard is great, but if between them two players you can get 60 mil plus, i would actually sell him, i mean you could buy veloso, essien, palombo, defensively, you could look at van der vaart, sneider, fernandez, aguero can also play attack mid, you could probably buy 3 or 4 players who are top quality to replace them, all be it gerrard maybe the best midfielders in the game but you could bring someone in who is way better than alonso and that would compensate for the difference gerrard can make in my opinion, ive found veloso to be absolutely immense in def mid palombo is arguably one of the best dmc's in the game, so i dont think you would suffer defensively and depending who you have in attack midfield you may be fine going forwards as well so id have a look through the transfer market and if you can find 3 really good players to bring in id say sell him, as you wont get much higher an offer in this game and gerrard is not the youngest player in your team.

tbh id sell both, even though i like alonso, but with the money you makes, you can buy 6 players of equal standard if you look around for regens and so on

Never sell Stevie, he's just pure class.
The squad would fall apart without him.
Sell Alonso if need be, but if your team is going well, why sell players? If you don't need money then why be greedy and sell players just because your getting a huge amount for them? Check how much the board give in % per transfer, you could only end up getting 20m or so.

Imo, I wouldn't sell him.

Good luck making your decision anyway and let us know!

On the other side (I am playing the devil's advocate here) gerrard ain't precisely young, selling him for that kind of money is a bargain, as said, you can bring in other world class players. Depends on your formation too, and what role you've given gerrard.

Yeah, good point actually, if i was in that position i personally couldn't sell him, but for his advancing years and his attributes will start to decrease.. i'd say sell him.

One thing you could lose out on is a Coach/Asst Man slot in years to come, he will have Pool set as favoured club and maybe you in time, so selling him would lose a world class coach if he becomes one..

Hard to sell the 'Huyton Hammer' when your a Liverpool fan but LAL is correct. Gerrard is no spring chicken and Xavi has a couple of years on him. I would be very tempted to sell and buy two world class youngsters

for that kind of money I would sell him in a heartbeat. you can get loads of young talented players if you get a substantial amount of the transfer fee available to use.

Sell him then take that money and clone his hair and make a new younger Gerrard :)