wastry

Reaction score
Blackburn:

Season 1 - Started the game with the option of no transfers and nothing came up in January just missed play-off's.

Season 2 - Was hit with a huge finance bomb couldn't sign anyone so just had to promote from the youth and with the help of a miracle (called Jordan Rhodes) somehow finished a mid-table finish.

Now: After money pinching for 2 years not making a single transfer - the club has been taken over and I have been given a £30m transfer and 400k wage budget. Although this sounds amazing! I'm also expected promotion now and feel completely lost in the transfer market as I haven't been active init?

So where should I start? I literally have no idea!

P.S I have good experience of playing FM but normally I only need to sign one or two player's at a time, as this time I need to find eleven or so players which is why I'm finding it such a struggle.

Last edited:
I agree, strengthen your team up the middle.
Here are my recommendations:

GK: Timo Horn 3.8m release clause
CB: Niklas Sule 6m - Dominant in the air. Great marking and tackling ability.
CM: Lucas Romero 7m or Gaston Gil Romero 3m - Either one is a bargain and will strengthen your midfield. Lucas has more offensive talent but costs twice as much. If you can afford both, you will be very well stocked.
ST: Timo Werner 6.25m or Jovic 1m. Werner is more ready to contribute sooner and has great speed and skills. Jovic is so cheap that he is worth buying just to develop as your striker star of the future.

That's just around 27m pound to buy all of these players.

If you elect not to get Lucas or Timo, you'll save around 14m and still have a very solid nucleus for the future.

Don't forget to hire the best head scout that you can get and then trust his ratings. Because some of these players won't develop as well in other people's saves. But they are bargains who have turned out very well for me.

However don't forget to factor in signing bonuses and agent bonus which will also be subtracted from your wage budget.
Therefore I suggest you use 48 month payment plan for the bulk of the purchase price.

When in doubt build your defense first. That is GK-CB-FB. Although I've found that buying a good fullback can be pretty expensive, at least 10m pounds in my experience. So I'd suggest starting with GK-CB-CM/DM.