Serious Mid-Season problem. Help me save my season!

ChelseaFan112

Reaction score
I spend my pre-season developing my two tactics.

My Home Tactic basically focuses on pressing, and scoring goals. I was getting about 3 goals per game and conceding very little.

My Away Tactic focuses on counter-attacking football. Again, very successful and win 9/10 of my Away games.

The Screenshots tell you everything:

I believe it could be down to a morale slump, but am not sure how their morale got so low. I have tried team meetings which did little to help.

I'm starting to believe my tactic could be to blame, but I had a fantastic start to the season and went on a 15+ game unbeaten run and scored a lot of goals! I was 11 points clear at the top and now I am 1 point behind Manchester United with 20 games played.

Can you help me save my season? Any pointers would be great! thanks :)
Hope everyone had a merry Christmas ;) x

View attachment 212417View attachment 212418

At times, this just tends to happen. Try holding a team meeting and encourage the players. That worked for me a few times. Whenever in a tight spot, this can really make a difference.

If however this does not help, try posting the tactic, too, but I really don't think it's the tactic.

Hope this helps, do tell.

Unfortunately I can't hold a team meeting now as I have only recently done one.
(Isn't a suitable reason to hold a meeting message)

I'm hoping things pick up but I have a few vital matches coming up against Inter in the Round of 16 Champions League. Matches I need to be in form for.

it is just because the last few matches, you don't do well.

Normally, after you getting a 3-4 victories again, it will come up. No need to worry much :)

Sounds like the problems I am having in my lower league save. It feels like my tactics are getting stale and opponents, especially ones I have faced earlier in the season, are able to clamp me down. I don't know how to stop it other than switch things up with the tactic. Shouts. Move your line LR tackling style. Adjust to their adjustments.

Just played an incredible match vs Norwich. We were away and put in 3 goals in 30 minutes, but had two players sent off! :( My defence did amazingly well to keep a clean sheet for 60 minutes and their morale afterwards skyrocketed! My three strikers also looked a bit happier! Hopefully this is a turning point :)

Just like in real football, sometimes people and teams just go through rough patches... Hopefully youre on your way out!