belter

Reaction score
Okay, so i'm manager of Cardiff City in my second season, I was promoted to the Premier League in my first season via playoffs and now a few months into my premier league season sitting at 20th with 4 points (from 13 games!)

I seriously need help with some form of tactics/formation in order for me to get some points and hopefully avoid relegation!

Below is my team, sorry about the size of the picture, i appreciate it may be hard to read.

screenshot20110204at021.png

So has anyone got any idea as to what sort of tactic i should try?

When i got promoted to prem for first time, I used 4-5-1 and control mentallity and basically kept the ball as long as possible. it payed off as i survived-just lol

play counter attacking and try to move the wall down the flanks with pace

Its a really simple set up. Copy from this screen shot.

The player roles are:

GK
Full back x2
Centre Back x2
RCM is a ball winning MF
LCM is a Central MF
Wingers x2
RCF is an advanced Forward
LCF is a Poacher

Set your advanced forward to challenge keeper on corners.
set corners to far post
set free kicks to best header.

Get an assistant manager with good motivation stats and make him give the teamtalks.

Get more info about the tactic on the link i gave.

Its a really simple set up. Copy from this screen shot.

The player roles are:

GK
Full back x2
Centre Back x2
RCM is a ball winning MF
LCM is a Central MF
Wingers x2
RCF is an advanced Forward
LCF is a Poacher

Set your advanced forward to challenge keeper on corners.
set corners to far post
set free kicks to best header.

Get an assistant manager with good motivation stats and make him give the teamtalks.

Get more info about the tactic on the link i gave.

Cheers mate, I've actually now worked out how to import the tactics, so i've done that and now about to play my first game with your tactics :D I will let you know how I get on

Cheers mate, I've actually now worked out how to import the tactics, so i've done that and now about to play my first game with your tactics :D I will let you know how I get on
using a mac also how?

using a mac also how?

I was using the wrong tactics folder, for some reason there is two. I just went;

Finder>Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2011>tactics

and then copied the tactic into there :)