Service for Hillsborough disaster

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 3K
Terrible thing to happen. Never want to see anything like that again.

Some images from today's service, found here

2_4da8538c31a2d454314997.jpg

4_4da8539f3e8c6342636047.jpg

6_4da866646f7d9675287066.jpg

10_4da86683cda65993359410.jpg

Amazing pictures. Has to be the one event that unites Liverpool together. Because this could've happened to anyone. & Rafa :wub: massive respect for the guy.

RIP to the 96.
& Justice for the 96.
Gone but never forgotten.

R.I.P. To all those the world sadly lost...

As always my thought are with there loved ones...

Jon-Paul Gilhooley (10)

Stevie G's cousin. Apparently this kid inspired him to go on and make it as a footballer at Liverpool. He did more for LFC than he could have possibly imagined. RIP.

Ive been watching some of the videos online, and they really brought tears to my eyes.

I wasnt even born when this happened, but it is truly shocking and I hope it never happens again.

Rafa is a great guy also. I bet that meant a lot to all the fans there.

JFT96

R.I.P

YNWA

I haven't cried for years but as soon as I seen Rafa go I couldn't help myself. Was an amazing moment.

When Rafa started crying it was a truly amazing moment.

That scene is that powerful, it made every Liverpool fan cry. That is something you will never hear of all over the world. We are a family, in every sense of the word.

YouTube - Rafael

I think it is pretty well known i dont like/rate rafa that highly as a manager, but as a person and a human being, he is simply a gentleman and a top class bloke.

I've watched the highlights, and there were some incredibly powerful speeches. As in, they sent chills down my spine they were that good.

Particularly by the MP and the woman who mentioned Rafa. Jimmy McGovern's speech was moving as well, short but poignant.

"Those 96 ensured your safety" & "Whether red or blue, we are scousers all" are my two favourite quotes.

& finally, Sir King Kenny Dalglish has a certain ring to it don't you think?

Justice For The 96. You'll Never Walk Alone

I think it is pretty well known i dont like/rate rafa that highly as a manager, but as a person and a human being, he is simply a gentleman and a top class bloke.

Agreed. Anyone can have an opinion as to whether he is a good manager or whatever. But after seeing that clip, there is no denying that he is an absolutely top man whom I love to bits. To see him in tears was extremely moving.

Good old Rafa. Always did like him as a person.

Nice to see him there.

Back