Set piece creator - please someone help me out!

oak606

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can someone please explain to me the logic of the set piece creator?! I've installed a couple of corner routines but when players are aligned in certain formations I can't seem to switch players around (5 players in a vertical line for example doesn't allow me to easily move my DM up to where my RCL is), and when I do manage to eventually switch players around it changes their individual role. I'm so confused as to why something so simple is so frustrating?!

Help would be hugely appreciated! Thanks!

I find it difficult to setup too, the players were automatically aligned according to their role name.

Just to clarify, you have routines premade but when you change formation the routine setup changes or are you struggling to create routines?
If it's the latter here's a screenshot of my corner attack setup:
View attachment 156902

Hope that helps and if not can you further explain the problem.

I think that when you make changes in your tactic then it has impact on your corner routine

Thanks for all your efforts to help me out but I think I didn't explain my situation too well. Below for example is a set piece I downloaded and am now trying to tweak (putting players with the best heading, strength etc in the ideal positions) but sometimes when I do that, particularly for the players in the vertical line of 5 or the 4 in the square) it will move them to a position I didn't choose. Also, when I ask for the middle player in the line of 5 for example to mark small player it will put that role (MS) on one of the players in the square of 4! It's so frustrating!

View attachment 156845

In all honest that sounds buggy to me I don't experience the same problem, the only solution I can offer is removing the downloaded routines and designing them from scratch, maybe that could fix it. Other than that I feel I need to point out you can only have a certain number of players doing the same thing on a set piece, for example having two people marking the near post is impossible and will cycle between each others roles.

As Saltydog said it might be a bug because I also experienced the similar issues with the set pieces editor and only after I reset it I managed to solve this problem