JVUnited

Reaction score
Right, I have had this same issue with football manager for years, ever since Rio Ferdinand scored 4 goals for me in the Champions League final... The defending at set pieces on FM is just ridiculous.

I've started a season with Peterborough, I would say that 75% of the goals I concede are from set pieces, near post corners are the most frequent.
Even my own team have scored a stupid amount of goals from set pieces, whether that be corners, free kicks or long throws. After 2 months one of my center-backs had scored 8 goals, all of which were from near post headers.

It's just not realistic at all and frankly, a little boring! Anyone else having the same trouble?

Definitely unrealistic. Cant believe they havent sorted this out yet, it cant be that tough to fix

Definitely unrealistic. Cant believe they havent sorted this out yet, it cant be that tough to fix

Exactly! How many time has anyone seen a corner put in to the near post, where an unmarked attacker has enough time to control the ball and fire it into the near corner? I don't recall ever seeing that.

And another thing I've noticed. Sometimes the players on posts at corners leave the post they are standing, run aimlessly into the box and leave that space open for a near post finish. It's ridiculous!