ossietheowl

Reaction score
I'm conceding so much from corners mainly, but also from free-kicks, really starting to wind me up as it is always a goal from a set piece that I lose to.

Anyway it seems that the goals I concede from corners are not direct but often knocked down and smashed in. How do I stop this happening? Is there any way or is it just one of those things I have to accept will happen? How do you defend at corners?

I bought players who are good at jumping and heading.
Not sure if you gave him that short answer to make him look stupid or not, but jumping and heading does not really make a massive difference in terms of defensive (and also offensive) set pieces.

I have the Marquinhos and Phil Jones-partnership in my back four, and although the two are short in height and weak at jumping, they score 10+ goals a season, and we rarely concede from corners. I'd say it's 80% down to tactics. With the default set pieces I was conceding a lot; even with guys like Chris Smalling and Nemanja Vidic taking care of the air.

I recommend you (OP) to apply Jassar's set pieces if you want someting solid:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...read***********************jassar*******.html

If you have trouble finding it, use the search function and look for "set pieces" on the thread I just sent you.

Last edited: