zyndar

Reaction score
Hi All,

I think it is a good idea to have such topic here in the tactics area where all the valid set pieces setups can be found, should it be attacking or defending corner/free kick/throw in setup.

Please only post these routines with screenshots showing relevant statistics on fair number of matches played with.

Cheers

Strikerless corner routine.

View attachment 123972View attachment 123971

Hello i found this corner routine the most succesfull FOR ME, you dont have an especific corner taker as is just the one with best stats for the corner, in my case is rakitic but as he is one of the tallest and has decent header of barca i just dont put it to take the corner ^^. You wont see Gols directly from corners thats why i wont post screen shoots of Goals from corners (got 3 in 12 directly) but you will score tones of second chances, if its because one of the near post passes or just from a rebound.
Im not able to decide if its better a Left foot player in the right and viceversa or the other way arround ^^ I just put all my MCL to take corners as the have decent stats for it, but i could put Neymar and Messi to take them but i would have to change the routine when i subs them or if they are injured.

All credits to him: https://strikerless.com/2016/10/19/fm17s-first-effective-corner-routine/

PD: is there a way to see stats generated from second chances? Really to post some screenshots of second chances from corners.

Last edited:
View attachment 1082235View attachment 1082236

Hello i found this corner routine the most succesfull FOR ME, you dont have an especific corner taker as is just the one with best stats for the corner, in my case is rakitic but as he is one of the tallest and has decent header of barca i just dont put it to take the corner ^^. You wont see Gols directly from corners thats why i wont post screen shoots of Goals from corners (got 3 in 12 directly) but you will score tones of second chances, if its because one of the near post passes or just from a rebound.
Im not able to decide if its better a Left foot player in the right and viceversa or the other way arround ^^ I just put all my MCL to take corners as the have decent stats for it, but i could put Neymar and Messi to take them but i would have to change the routine when i subs them or if they are injured.

All credits to him: https://strikerless.com/2016/10/19/fm17s-first-effective-corner-routine/

PD: is there a way to see stats generated from second chances? Really to post some screenshots of second chances from corners.

Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely check this in action. Btw I am struggling to actually save (and rename) set pieces routines. I hope it is only beta thingy.

Same for me, seem to save them but they dont appear, it also happens with shortlist and filters.

Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely check this in action. Btw I am struggling to actually save (and rename) set pieces routines. I hope it is only beta thingy.

looks like im not the only one too

The set piece save thing is because the workshop isn't available until the 4th on full release I raised this over at si and this is what they told me

The set piece save thing is because the workshop isn't available until the 4th on full release I raised this over at si and this is what they told me

I am wondering what could be the connection between the workshop and the abilty to save on your PC.

How many goals from corners should be considered as above average with the current ME/our current knowledge on let's say 38 matches? I am testing a new 4-3-3 and we scored 8 on 22 matches so far and I am expecting around 14 at the end of the season.

View attachment 123532
Not sure how much the set pieces instructions add, at least in the beta so far. I have an excellent result from set pieces, but didnt even touch the set piece creator, this is with the standard settings. Anybody else had that?

If anyone has any defending set pieces sick of losing by one goal or drawing coz of long range free kick and no one runs back with there players

As you may know same attcking corner settings should work differently with different formations, but I found this during my latest test in MR. L's testings league with CA145 team while testing FALCHION V3.
MCR should take the corners!

2408907-20161204-8KvSbl.png
2408908-20161204-ljzumL.png

As you may know same attcking corner settings should work differently with different formations, but I found this during my latest test in MR. L's testings league with CA145 team while testing FALCHION V3.
MCR should take the corners!

2408907-20161204-8KvSbl.png
2408908-20161204-ljzumL.png

can you upload this for us all to try please?

What about a defensive one?

So ive downloaded this set piece but mine looks so different from this set up to mine

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...tion-f.c.-barcelona_-set-pieces-corners-2.png

Mine comes up with this

2ltsu9d.jpg

How do i change it to penalty spot ?