Reaction score
Hi guys, wondered if anybody could help me out with Set Pieces?

I'm new to setting up tactics independently after just leaving them default for the last 10 years lol

any ideas would be appreciated greatly.

thanks

dont know about set pieces am still looking myself but i have found a good corner taking tactic and it seems to be working very well for me an average of a goal a game.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJay%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C03%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:SimSun; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-alt:宋体; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 680460288 22 0 262145 0;} @font-face {font-family:"\@SimSun"; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 680460288 22 0 262145 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun;} p {mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0cm; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
CORNER TACTIC<o:p></o:p>​
Set your corners on team instructions to "6 Yard Box" on left and right.
Have your best right footed corner taker take left corners
Have your best left footed corner taker take right corners
Your player with the best heading and jumping you should set to "Challenge Keeper" THIS ONE IS MOST IMPORTANT!!
Your player with good speed and Heading should "Attack ball from deep"
Another player with good heading should" Attack Far Post"
A player with good Long Shots should"Lurk On Edge Of Area
Another player with good crossing should "Offer Short Option"
Finally Your best Finisher should "Stand On Far Post"
At least 3 players should "Stay back if needed

good luck hope it works as well for you as it has for me and if you come across any good free kick set pieces please let me know:)

<o:p> </o:p>​

Attacking Free Kicks - here's what I have found so far....

Your free kick taker needs to have good Crossing
Set Free Kicks to be aimed at Best Header
Set all players with good Heading & Jumping to Go Forward
Leave 2-3 players Back at all times to cover the counter attack
Your two strongest players who are useless in the air need to be set to Disrupt Wall and Challenge Keeper
Any players left over, set them to Go Forward

All that's left to do now is sit back and watch the goals come flooding in...

Corner kicks

2 players on the first post
2 players on the keeper
2 players on the backpost

1 player at the penalty area

Play the corner to the penalty area

Got 24 goals with Everton the first season ( Tim Cahill )

Corner kicks

2 players on the first post
2 players on the keeper
2 players on the backpost

1 player at the penalty area

Play the corner to the penalty area

Got 24 goals with Everton the first season ( Tim Cahill )

Hey there, I am currently using the current Everton squad. I am halfway through the season, scored only 4 goals from corners and I have not utilised the likes of fellaini and cahill. Who have you set to do what in the corners?