Set who gives me scout reports and Trials? (2 questions)

craiigman

Reaction score
1. Is there a way to set which scout does the scouting when you just click "get scout report" without having to manually select each time? Right now it's Pat Rice who does it, but his stats are 18, 16. I'd much rather have one of my 20, 20 doing the scout reports for obvious reasons?

2. What are the points of trials? I've never used them before, but they are always there. I presume it's if a player is out of contract, you offer him a trial and he can play for the reserves? Or just train with you?

Also can you offer trials outside of transfer windows? What type of players do you offer trials to? Young players or older out of contract players?

1. Pat Rice, by strong assumption, is your Chief Scout. They are responsible for your scout reports when you click the button 'Get Scout Report' on a player. He also delegates tasks, such as setting assignments for other scouts. To change this, you can manually select your 20-20 scout or whomever you may choose by going through the drop-down menu and selecting them. They should have the option as well next to their name.

2. They are mainly used in preseason by smaller clubs who are contemplating the signing of players, either attached to clubs or not, and are available for transfer. This can vary between young, promising players, to veterans who are in their early-to-mid thirties. You can offer a player a trial whilst they are unattached, but you can also do so whilst they are at a club. It depends on their status at said club.

Yes, you can offer trials outside transfer windows, since they are ineligible to play in competitive fixtures. You can offer trials to pretty much anyone, subject to their interest and whoever else is involved.

1. Pat Rice, by strong assumption, is your Chief Scout. They are responsible for your scout reports when you click the button 'Get Scout Report' on a player. He also delegates tasks, such as setting assignments for other scouts. To change this, you can manually select your 20-20 scout or whomever you may choose by going through the drop-down menu and selecting them. They should have the option as well next to their name.

2. They are mainly used in preseason by smaller clubs who are contemplating the signing of players, either attached to clubs or not, and are available for transfer. This can vary between young, promising players, to veterans who are in their early-to-mid thirties. You can offer a player a trial whilst they are unattached, but you can also do so whilst they are at a club. It depends on their status at said club.

Yes, you can offer trials outside transfer windows, since they are ineligible to play in competitive fixtures. You can offer trials to pretty much anyone, subject to their interest and whoever else is involved.

1. Pat Rice isn't my chief scout though, Steve Rowley is (20,20). It's really annoy, cause I get a scout report, see Rice done it and then have to re do it to get a better report.

2. Thanks, Lucho Gonzalez is currently a free, so might offer him one. Can they play reserve games?

1. Pat Rice isn't my chief scout though, Steve Rowley is (20,20). It's really annoy, cause I get a scout report, see Rice done it and then have to re do it to get a better report.

2. Thanks, Lucho Gonzalez is currently a free, so might offer him one. Can they play reserve games?

Go to your Staff Responsibilities (Arsenal -> Staff Responsibilities) and then scroll down and you should see a number of options for what certain staff members should or shouldn't do. There, you should be able to change Steve Rowley to collect scouting reports, delegate tasks (etc).

And yes, if he accepts. However he can sign for another club at anytime. He isn't contracted to you permanently.

Go to your Staff Responsibilities (Arsenal -> Staff Responsibilities) and then scroll down and you should see a number of options for what certain staff members should or shouldn't do. There, you should be able to change Steve Rowley to collect scouting reports, delegate tasks (etc).

And yes, if he accepts. However he can sign for another club at anytime. He isn't contracted to you permanently.

The only options for scouting are:

Sets assignments and Updates you on the players your scouts have found.

Both Rowley?

Thanks for the info, think I'll offer him one and see if he accepts. Might find it disrespectful though since he's well established.

Perhaps go to Scouting -> Assignments -> click on Pat Rice and see if you can remove some things that may be causing him to be the primary scout. It would usually be found in Staff Responsibilities anyway.

Perhaps go to Scouting -> Assignments -> click on Pat Rice and see if you can remove some things that may be causing him to be the primary scout. It would usually be found in Staff Responsibilities anyway.

Still can't work out the scouting.. Also I can't offer anyone a trial?

1. I'm stumped, I don't really know what else to tell you.

2. Look at the first one.