Setting Askingprice to keep bids away

Conn

Premium
Reaction score
So the assistant keep telling me to increase asking price to keep clubs from bidding on my players, but nomather if i set my leftback's askingprice to 500 millions i keep getting retartedbids in on him, and this goes through all out my squad. My striker valued at 7m i set askingprice to 20m, keep gettting bids around 4m, and he gets mad for not wanting to sell him.

Goes for ALL my players almost. My RB, LB, 1x CB, 2x MC, AML, and the Striker all demanded to be sold for pocketchange and when i refuse they get ****** even if i try to tell them that i will sell them if their valuation is met.

I mean, is the set askingprices bugged? it used to put clubs off when you increased it, but now it does nothing :/

Maybe there's some kind of invisible threshold for the asking price. If you set it as something really high but just below the threshold then they won't be interested, but anything above the threshold is 'ridiculous', and so they just revert to lower offers

ive tried everything. if im rended helpless to replace the core of my team every transferwindow to keep the squad happy then whats the point playing with a smaller reputation team?

Obviously i expect to sell a few players now and then to replace, but like half my starting 11 every 6 months?

Seems they force us to play big teams or win champions league the first season, wich is impossible in this situation ><

If it's any consolation, you're not alone. I've seen people report it on sigames, and I've also had related issues myself. Unfortunately I just kept on playing and don't have savegames to upload to them. But if you do, I strongly suggest you go to their forum and explain your problem and upload it. The more data they have to go on, the easier it is to identify the problem - if they think there is one.

So the assistant keep telling me to increase asking price to keep clubs from bidding on my players, but nomather if i set my leftback's askingprice to 500 millions i keep getting retartedbids in on him, and this goes through all out my squad. My striker valued at 7m i set askingprice to 20m, keep gettting bids around 4m, and he gets mad for not wanting to sell him.

Goes for ALL my players almost. My RB, LB, 1x CB, 2x MC, AML, and the Striker all demanded to be sold for pocketchange and when i refuse they get ****** even if i try to tell them that i will sell them if their valuation is met.

I mean, is the set askingprices bugged? it used to put clubs off when you increased it, but now it does nothing :/
He's not happy with YOUR valuation, which is 3 times the player's value. Gone are the days when you can get top dollar for wantaway players, it seems.

I find a good workaround to this is not by setting asking price, but by negotiating to a huge amount when a bid happens, instead of rejecting it. More often than not, the club will turn down the offer, which actually causes less uproar among the players.

I find a good workaround to this is not by setting asking price, but by negotiating to a huge amount when a bid happens, instead of rejecting it. More often than not, the club will turn down the offer, which actually causes less uproar among the players.

This is what I do too

Sometimes though when you ask to much for a player he starts complaining that you overrate him ha ha ! It has happened to me in previous FMs !!

I tried this with Juan Mata when R. Madrid bid £40 mil for him, changed the offer to £80m thinking they would reject the offer but they said "yep, sure. Deal"

So I accidentally sold my best player when I didn't want to, but I did get £80m for him and brought in Hatem Ben Arfa on a free, who btw is incredible this year! matching Mata on goals and assists (based on what he got last season for me). Nice bit of business it seems. Ben Arfa now valued at £25m.

WJ, i dont "WantW 20mill for a 7m valued player, i just set it to 20m to stop the lumbing 4m bids inc that made my player rage his *** off when i rejected it.

Regarding the negotiating out of the **** yes works, but not if you get a bid thats non negotiable wich happends most of the time.

This completely wrecked my save as 3 of the players are so unhappy i dont dare to have them in the first team squad. overall morale gone down from very good on all to fairly good on 2 players rest is worse, even if i make it through qualification for CHampions league, praise performances (individual good performances pationatly) . i try to be positive all the time to try to keep a good morale, but this just completely mitigates everything. Next manager i craft i'll stick on 20 stats for dicipline to see if that helps. grrrrr

Are you taking into account squad status. Contract length, international squad status, competitions recently played in etc.

These can all contribute to the Ai 's valuation of the player and be behind the low bids made for them.

crazy how Hatem went from not having a club or being wanted AT ALL to god like in a summer lol

He's one of those players that just needs some tender loving care haha