Setting up effective Goalkeeper pressure.

AssMan

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm either lying awake or having nightmares of my teams odd brainless tries at putting pressure on the opponents goalkeeper.
The pressure in itself is incredible as both my attackers do it together most of the time. But occasionally they go 3 or 4. The opposing goalkeepers probably lie awake or have nightmares of it.

But the problem is this. It's stupid.

I run a high defence line, low pressure. I have an old squad, can't pressure too high if I want my old boys to survive the year out.
But. If I see their keeper being ***** at passing under pressure I'll add Pressure on goalkeeper/stopping short passes from goalie. So my thought is that my advanced forward will make a run at their keeper if he drops the ball to his feet. Not My whole front line of pressure dropping their positions, 4 manic attacking roles running at their keeper.

Is there a way to set this up? Making the goalkeeper pressure only one forwards job. The description says it's supposed to only account to forwards. Well one of em is a 15 speed speedball, while the other is a 36 year old meatball.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Another question.

When my assistant manager gives his 1-5 stars about the players current ability, there's multiple players on for example 2 full stars. Does it mean anything in which order they're presented at?

Thanks again!