Setting up your starting database and other changes.

alyndavies

Reaction score
Hi guys Im wondering what you guys do to make your games more interesting when you start them. How you "customise" your data base can have a huge effect on your game. Iv'e personally found that the below set up gives me the best gaming experience and most enjoyment.

Heres the set up I normally do:

Countries:
England: Permiership & Championship (2 divisions) - I always like to have a Championship club to loan players to for development!
Spain: La Liga (1 Division) - Incase I get bored and fancy a challange abroad.

Database size: Small (Small because otherwise it include thousands of pointless players. Total Players in game with below set-up 17,000.

Players from Top clubs:
Oceania (continent)
Asia (continent)
North America (continent)
South America (continent)
Africa (continent)
Scandinavia (Region)
Uk & Ireland (Region)
France
Germany
Netherlands
Spain
Italy

Current International Players:
(means ALL international teams can be managed, worth it considering it only adds 23 or so players per country for 200 ish countries, 4600 players)

Oceania (continent)
Asia (continent)
North America (continent)
South America (continent)
Africa (continent)
Europe (continent)

Editor Changes:

Remove Work Permits in England to make the game much more fun, it means teams are far more inclined to bring in far better and more exotic players.
This is done by selecting the England Nation from the Editor Database and selecting the nations treated as Eu and adding ALL 6 Continent options to it.

Last edited:
Well, I do about the complete opposite to you. I want as many players as possible ;)
I load about 30 countries, down to their lowest tiers, on a huge database so that is about 130K players. :D

i am somewhere in the middle....i load all possible english tiers,3rd tiers of italy,spain,germany and france and inly the highest division of middle-popularity leagues such as turkey,ukraine,holland,greece(i am greek) and lerge database and as a result i have 70.000-75.000 players....

I always load England, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Holland, Sweden, Scotland and Germany. Then I take 3-4 random countries (this time its Poland, Austria, Greece, Switzerland) and ofcourse a big database and all leagues possible in the countries I pick :). The game wont be slow but not superfast either.

My laptop's only average so I load down to league 2 and the top 2 leagues from Spain, Italy & Germany with a large database. I end up with roughly 28,000 players.

Jeepers how do your computers working loading all that up! =/
Im running a AMD Athalon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 3800+, 3.2Gb Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, and My game is soooo slow if I run it below 3 stars.

Jeepers how do your computers working loading all that up! =/
Im running a AMD Athalon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 3800+, 3.2Gb Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, and My game is soooo slow if I run it below 3 stars.

Intel i5 760 2.80 GHz 8 mb cache, KFA2 GTX460 OC, 4 GB Ram is my spec :) and some other nice stuff in it!

i run england to league2, and then france, germany, holland, italy, spain, turkey, ukraine, scotland and portugal with just the top league open. thats 3 star for my pc and it runs nice on that set up, medium database btw :)

sometimes i'll change it about (brazil, argentina, belgium) but generally i have main europe open really.

i only load England(EPL-BSP)
Spain(LIGA BBVA-LIGA Adalente)
Italy(SERIE A-SERIE B)

I just use about 70k players. Huge Database and then i select around 8-10 countries, some of them only with 1st Division. Then i'm ready to go :)

Specs (laptop):
CPU : Intel i7 720QM
RAM : 4 GB
Graphics: nVidia GT 240 M