t3mplark

Reaction score
Hi, I'm recently became manager of Juventus in my save which, at this time, does not have many HG players, at club or nation.

So I was wondering,

1. Does it count as homegrown if you loan someone when they're 18 and then pay the future fee?
2. Does it count as homegrown if you loan someone to another club?
3. Under which conditions, if any, do co-ownerships count as homegrown?
4. If they are 18 at the beginning of the season, but they are 19 at winter window, can they still be homegrown?

Also another random question...how come my loaned players are ineligible for Champions Cup?

Thanks all,
t3mplark

The easiest way to find out if your players are going to be homegrown is to click on views then home grown status. it will show dates that any player is due to bu home grown.
As far as i know sending a player on loan doesnt stop him becoming home grown

Thanks, but what if you loan a player for a season? Since he;s training with your team, doesnt it make him home grown?

I think when a player is loaned out it doesnt halt his home grown status.
But dont forget it takes 3 full years for a player to be classed as homegrown.
So the player must be at most 18 years old when he signs for your team.
If you loan a player in i dont think it will count towards home grown status.
Its just the teeam that holds his contract.

If I buy a player that has 18 years and 100 days, he won't be classed as homegrown (club) after 3 years ?

Are their different rules for a player being classed as home grown in the league ,and the champions league.
When i registered my squad i had the 8 players who are HG but when it came to the champions league 2 of those players did not show up as HG so i had to auto pick it to register the team.Can someone tell me the different rules or where i can find them. BTW i am playing as Liverpool in english premier league.

1. Does it count as homegrown if you loan someone when they're 18 and then pay the future fee?
2. Does it count as homegrown if you loan someone to another club?

1: Homegrown for nation(Trained in Nation) means they have to be in the nation, England for this example, for 3 years before they are 21. No matter which club they are at as long as they are English clubs. So they can be at Arsenal one year, Man Utd another and Chelsea the next.
2: Homegrown for Club (Trained at Club) means the player needs to stay at 1 club for 3 years before they are 21. If you loan the player out to another club in the same nation, Using England again as an example, They will be gaining days towards Trained in Nation because they are in the same nation. They will also be gaining Trained at Club for the team they are currently loaned to, but not the club that is doing the loaning.

Last edited: