Kongy

Reaction score
Hello all!

Recently, I have been working with the Editor to create new nations in the game. After a while of messing about and trouble shooting, I successfully created a Basque Country file that worked perfectly. So, I went to work on the next project: Catalonia.

A little bit of work into the Catalan file brought up a problem: Can I edit the same league (Liga BBVA, Liga adelente and several other Spanish Leagues) in two different files and have it work in the same save on the game? I couldn't find the answer anywhere online, so I came up with a great solution: Merge the Basque and Catalan files!

So, instead of finishing the Catalan file, I just merged it with the Basque file right there and then, then finished Catalonia on the merged file. After finishing it, I started playing with it AND the finished Basque Country file from before, and I noticed some problems after playing through 3 years.

1. Basque Country is unplayable on just the Merged File, but Catalonia is playable. I think this is because I did the nation rules for Catalonia on the merged file.

2. There are no Basque newgens that generate in clubs on youth intake day, but there are 20-50 that generate with no clubs. However, there are Basque regens.

3. On the UEFA League Coefficiants table, there is a "The Basque First League" and a "Basque First League". "The Basque First League" always takes the spot right above "Basque First League." Keep in mind, no where else in the save does "The Basque First League" exsist nor do I remember creating it. I believe this is from having "two" Basque Countries in the game, one from the original Basque file and one from the merged file.

4. The only international or continental competition that Basque Country takes part in is the UEFA Nations League that enters the game a few seasons in. But, Basque Country does have a world ranking and has dates for joining the world and continental governing bodies.

5. On the Basque Country info page, languages and agreements are listed twice. For example it would say: Languages- Basque, Basque, Spanish, Spanish, French, French

Keep in mind, none of these problems exsist for Catalonia. Catalonia is 100% fine and working.

So, I did an experiment. I loaded up only the merged file and I found that problems 3 and 5 disappear (I would assume the rest but 1 go away aswell, but i didn't simulate that for into the save to find out if they do), but the Basque leagues are unplayable.

Now, here are the solutions I have come up with, but I don't know how to do them. Or, if these don't work, do you guys know how to fix this?

1. Do a second nation rule for Basque Country on the merged file (I think this is impossible, though)

2. Unmerge the two files, so I have a completed Catalan file and a completed Basque file.

3. Some how load the Basque Country Leagues by making the merged file its own database

The only other thing I can think of is finish the original Catalan file (The one I had before I merged it), but I put days worth of work into it, I would hate to have to remake it.

Any feedback at all would be appreciated and if you need any extra info about my situation, just ask and I should respond soon. Thanks!!

Last edited:
1) You cant have two nation rules in one file.
2) You cant run two files that change the same country.

1) You cant have two nation rules in one file.
2) You cant run two files that change the same country.
Dang it. I guess I'll have to choose one or the other. Thanks for answering my question, though!

Dang it. I guess I'll have to choose one or the other. Thanks for answering my question, though!

I stand corrected, looks like you might be able too, i always thought you couldnt. Ask Uncle_Sam on Si Forums, he got USA and Canada into one file