howard94

Reaction score
Hey people, first time i've posted on here, just thought i would share a tactic i have to see if any of you would like to try it out. I personally think it is a very good tactic, it plays some lovely free flowing football and some unbelievable team goals, almost barca-esque. It uses two roles from the recreating legends thread, which i may add is awesome and laffles deserves heaps of praise, Messi and Pele's roles. It has two Wingers that act as inside forwards, two DM's that sit back and play balls to the front 4, and a flat back four.

Here is the kind of players needed for each position:
The back four are just Central defenders, so much decent CB's will do, and the two Full Backs arent anything special either, most should be capable of doing a job.

DMCR: I use Jack Rodwell and he usually does a great job and this DM is the one who plays the direct balls, needs good passing, work rate, stamina, tackling, positioning and marking.

DMCL: I mostly use Defour for this one, doesnt need to be as good of a passer but needs the other attributes of the DMCR, i do switch between Rodwell and Defour as they are very good in both positions.

AMR and AML: I prefer to play players with their stongest foot on the inside as i have them set to cut inside. I also teach both wingers to "try killer balls often", this is for when they cut inside on their stronger foot, they can then see a pass and excecute it and then you have either the opposite winger/AMC/ST running clean through on goal.

The AMC and ST roles are the Messi and Peles roles as stated before with some very minor tweaks, and i also have both players taught to "try killer balls often".

I started using this tactic around November of the 2013/2014 season and with newcastle, ended up getting 102 goals and conceding only 24, its a good tactic to use against the top teams, sometimes i may put it on standard instead of control against the top, top teams. I got all the way to the Champions Cup Semi-Finals with the tactic, was knocked out of the League Cup early on and too easily i must say, and then lost against Arsenal in the FA cup in the 3rd round, but both of these were before the tactic was in full flow. I had some injuries at the very last few games of the season and that caused me to lose against Man City and Tottenham but the title was won the game after Tottenham with games to spare.

Match Preperation: Team Blend until fully fluid, then Attacking Movement after that.
Opposite Instructions: I normally let my assistant assign them but if there is someone in pre-match meeting that needs some instructions i normally do it.

Would like some feedback and it would be much appreciated.

I will test if this tactic is fapable. :D
On-topic good results :p

Been looking for a tactic to use with Newcastle, will give this a go

Been looking for a tactic to use with Newcastle, will give this a go

Its a good tactic, just make sure your ST and AMC are of good quality and have the right attributes and it should do just fine :)

Looks good, tried it and seems to work for my Roma side. Tweaked it some, changed right DM to defensive playmaker (De Rossi)
Will this work with poacher up front or is the Complete forward role essential?

Looks good, tried it and seems to work for my Roma side. Tweaked it some, changed right DM to defensive playmaker (De Rossi)
Will this work with poacher up front or is the Complete forward role essential?

The Complete forward role is Peles role and is quite important but you could experiment as the target man instructions is to run onto ball, so maybe a poacher could work.

I'm going to give this a go with the default Villa team (after this transfer window) so I'm not expecting fireworks, but is a playmaker meant to be selected?

I'm going to give this a go with the default Villa team (after this transfer window) so I'm not expecting fireworks, but is a playmaker meant to be selected?

no, its so all the players can make through balls and dont feel they have to pass to a playmaker to make things happen. Essentialy i wanted to have the front 4 all acting like playmakers or runners in behind the defence.

Ah ok thanks for that.

Played 2 won 2 in the prem so far :) It's playing nice football going forward, but seems a little suspect at the back... Though I'll put that down to playing Dunne and Collins

Ah ok thanks for that.

Played 2 won 2 in the prem so far :) It's playing nice football going forward, but seems a little suspect at the back... Though I'll put that down to playing Dunne and Collins

no worries, and yeah, some games you will get like 5 goals, i always seemed to beat arsenal by at least 3 goals.

I think I need to invest in a top striker to replace Bent and Delfouneso for this tactic to work better