The Quilo

Reaction score
I need some help concerning Seydou Doumbia, so I thought I would ask here.

Basically, I started a save with QPR. After the end of the first seasons, I had smashed all expectations and finished 7th. I started the second season much in the same way.

Long story short, halfway through my second season, I attracted the attention of a struggling Tottenham, and they offered me the job. I was delighted and accepted.

At the beginning of this season Harry (the previous Tot coach) had signed Seydou Doumbia for 25 mil. His stats were through the roof so, naturally, after looking up online what role I should play him in, I set him to Poacher:Attack on the left striking role of my two strikers.

15-20 mediocre performances later, I realized something wasn't working. Seydou had only scored 9 in 20 matches, nowhere near the amount of goals many on here claimed they had reached with this 'prolific' striker.

How do I get Doumbia firing like he is for so many of the raving users on here? They all said to play him as a poacher, I followed instructions, and he has been inconsistent and mediocre at best.

Basically, what am I doing wrong? Why is he not scoring? Help would be much appreciated.

Bump...seriously need advice, and before I get to far into the season...

I rotated him with my Man Utd team (Got rid of Berbatov lol) and i had 1 set tactic i wouldnt change the roles or anything just to see how it would go.. and it turned out pretty well i had the roles as DLF - Support and Target Man - Attack and he scored 23 in 17 apps (some were substitute starts) or something like that ....On the other hand the best i ever got out of Hernandez was Poacher - Attack and DLF support with rooney...

So basically are you sure you've got people feeding the ball to him? e.g. the DLF finding the poacher/target man....Try setting him as your target man if his average rating is low give him a talking to in private chat or as a Poacher with another attacker or AP set as support

Hope this helps :]

How do you play your other striker? I would play Doumbia as a Poacher but set him to be a target man (run onto ball) with other striker as a DLF

I think I might have found the solution. I set Doumbia's creative freedom to 'much' and now he is scoring as a poacher. Before it was set to little. Now he is back to scoring.

Thanks for the help, guys!