malhar

Reaction score
Just started a save in the Ukranian Premier League with Shakhtar. And there is the annoying rule which allows me to play only 7 "foreign" players in the starting 11. And everyone at the moment is considered foreign unless they're Ukranian. My question is, will my players eventually gain Ukranian nationality after a certain number of years and thus NOT be counted as foreign? Or does this rule mean that throughout this save, I will have to play at least 4 Ukranians in the starting 11? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Just started a save in the Ukranian Premier League with Shakhtar. And there is the annoying rule which allows me to play only 7 "foreign" players in the starting 11. And everyone at the moment is considered foreign unless they're Ukranian. My question is, will my players eventually gain Ukranian nationality after a certain number of years and thus NOT be counted as foreign? Or does this rule mean that throughout this save, I will have to play at least 4 Ukranians in the starting 11? Thanks in advance for any help. :)
For Ukraine they won't get any citizenship, strangely. I researched it and it seems that after 5 years in the country, you should be able to obtain Ukrainian Citizenship. Ukraine doesn't allow dual citizenship, so it means that you have to give up your current one and who wants to do that?

For Ukraine they won't get any citizenship, strangely. I researched it and it seems that after 5 years in the country, you should be able to obtain Ukrainian Citizenship. Ukraine doesn't allow dual citizenship, so it means that you have to give up your current one and who wants to do that?

So ultimately it means that I do in fact, have to have 4 Ukrainians in my starting 11 for the rest of the save :p Oh well, not a major calamity...I can shuffle my side well :D

If you look at the league rules there are some nations classed as HG. Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan etc. not great but worth tapping up the young ones for youth and bring them through. This will help in a couple of years on.

You stay classy......

Im doing a shakhtar save aswell..its not so bad,because some of the younger ukranian players are brilliant..so its worth just bringing them up into the team,the leagues not exactly challenging..so they wont do any harm lol

Im doing a shakhtar save aswell..its not so bad,because some of the younger ukranian players are brilliant..so its worth just bringing them up into the team,the leagues not exactly challenging..so they wont do any harm lol

yeah, exactly..and as long as my Ukranians are better than the other Ukrainians, its all good haha. Oh well, at least I can use my players in the Champions League all the time. It gets annoying sometimes though, especially when you have to make a substitution.

If you look at the league rules there are some nations classed as HG. Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan etc. not great but worth tapping up the young ones for youth and bring them through. This will help in a couple of years on.

You stay classy......

thanks for that info!

and i will stay classy LOL

yeah, exactly..and as long as my Ukranians are better than the other Ukrainians, its all good haha. Oh well, at least I can use my players in the Champions League all the time. It gets annoying sometimes though, especially when you have to make a substitution.

One thing i did find to be a bit of a bummer..was that because of the money you can spend? i bought in some decent players...if they miss 1 or 2 games their unhappy straight away! so finding the right amount of rotation time is key! have you had the same problem? or are my players just pre-madonnas?

One thing i did find to be a bit of a bummer..was that because of the money you can spend? i bought in some decent players...if they miss 1 or 2 games their unhappy straight away! so finding the right amount of rotation time is key! have you had the same problem? or are my players just pre-madonnas?

yeah mate, i've bought a lot of players too. And I completely agree with you, shuffling players around is absolutely key. What I tend to do is play certain players every other game to keep them happy. and give them as much playing time as I can by bringing them on as subs during the game. Need to get the balance right, that's one of the main challenges in the UPL.

Also, it could be because you've bought in the players as "Key Players"? if that's the case, they're going to expect to be first choice in every game if they're fit enough. So you could check their status and maybe reduce it down to first team or rotation..