Shall i buy PS3 or XBOX 360?

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 2K
B

Blynd1

Ok... For the last few months i've been thinking of buying a PS3 or XBOX 360.. Mainly to play FIFA 11 online, wich i am totally addict and i always play it when i am in my friends/cousin house... But i have a few doubts! If you lads can help me i would be thankfull.

1st... PRICES!

XBOX 360 4GB (the new one) / ELITE 160GB - The price is the same, 199 euros... But to play online i would have to get a (at least 3 month) xbox live card (or whatever you call it :p) for 20 euros... wich is kinda cheap tbh.. So 199+20 = 219.... Plus Fifa 11, 69 euros... 219 + 69 = 288 euros for everything...

PLAYSTATION 3 SLIM 160GB - 299 euros... The machine is already more expensive than the xbox 360 full pack... Well money is not the problem at all, but 299 + 69 = 368 euros for everything... But the internet is free... In long corse it will be more cheap then the xbox 360 due to the fact ill have to buy xbox live every 3 motnhs or year... but its kinda bad wasting 368 euros when i can just spend 288...

INTERNET - Ok, i am a total NEWB in this stuff, only thing i had was PS2 , i mainly play PC. I have wireless in my entire house, the wireless thing is in my living room (downstairs) but i get the signal in my room aswell (high signal).. My question is: To have internet in PS3/360 do i just need to have wireless in my home ? Or do i need anything else that doesnt come with the PS3/360 packs?

Thanks alot for the help lads. Sorry if the technical terms are not correct at all, my english is not perfect :p.

360, alot better! you need a wireless adapter for the 360.. Try these

The PS3 reads blu-ray which is faster and better quality than your average dvd which x-box uses. The PS3 also has a Blu ray player.I know it may be cheaper to get an X-Box but as you said PS3 is free online so you need to decide what will benefit you in the long run.

ie. If you have an Xbox for 2 years online I think it's about a tenner a month?

but playstation would be free and I can't see either of them making a new machine any time soon as they just perform system updates.

BUT probably more important get the one your friends have so you can play them

It depends on your money situation IMO....
I went with PS3 as I wouldn't be able to keep buying XBOX Live.
Also if more of your mates have XBOX I would get that or if they have PS3 get that so you can play online with more of them. That was a main reason I got my PS3 too.

About the Internet with X-Box I believe you need a router?

With Playstation the Router is inside the machine

I have like 50% friends with PS3 and other 50% with xbox 360, i have like all of them saying "GET XBOX ... GET PS3!" but they just dont help at all xD

edit: I have a router in my home. downstairs... but i get the internet in my room aswell.

Multiplatform games usually run a lot better on the Xbox 360, over time the Xbox will become more expensive though with all the xbox live subscriptions.

Buying what most of your friends have is probably the best idea though.

ps3 mate anyday, xbox is a rip off, bill gates is a greedy ****, y charge people 2 play online

OK guys.. So let me try to explain my main problem... THE INTERNET. i have money atm to buy ANY! PROBLEM IS!... I have a rooter downstairs, but i have internet in my room aswell because i catch the rooter signal! Is that enough to get INTERNET in XBOX 360? Or do i need to have a rooter in my room?

I have like 50% friends with PS3 and other 50% with xbox 360, i have like all of them saying "GET XBOX ... GET PS3!" but they just dont help at all xD

edit: I have a router in my home. downstairs... but i get the internet in my room aswell.

Pros of PS3

Blu Ray
Free Online
Wifi Built in

Cons of PS3

Not as many online features as XBOX
More expensive in the short term

Pros of XBOX

Device is cheaper
Better online feature
More exclusives

Cons

You have to pay for online
Only HD DVD
You need to buy a wifi thingy for it

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

OK guys.. So let me try to explain my main problem... THE INTERNET. i have money atm to buy ANY! PROBLEM IS!... I have a rooter downstairs, but i have internet in my room aswell because i catch the rooter signal! Is that enough to get INTERNET in XBOX 360? Or do i need to have a rooter in my room?

For the 360 you need to buy a device from Microsoft so the XBOX can receive WIFI Signal
For PS3 can just enter the details in the console for your WIFI access point as it has a WIFI receiver built in.

Ps3 controllers ftl, 360 is the way to go.

ps3 has more mermory and it free onlin and plus you had ps2 so you know like most of the controlls on the ps3 on the xbox 360 it different i would get a xboc 360 because most my mate are on it

Now you've specified that you have about 50% friends on each (Though you should probably take into account which percentage of these friends is the most active on their gaming console), really there is two things that need the most thought - What controller you prefer and what exclusives you prefer.

Holy ****! Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter.. is that wht u guys talking about? That costs 90 euros in my country LOL! 288+90 = 378 wich would be more expensive then PS3... God i am confused now.

Ok the new XBOX.. 4GB memory... Has already the Wi-Fi thing inside... 199 euros only.. But for example, 4gb , is that enough? I will probably only playing FIFA 11... But if i want to get stuff like FIFA 11 Ultimate Team 4gb's are enough? Because if i get the new one with the wi fi thingy already it will only be 288 euros anyway but 4GB only..