share your favorit tactics

kakekukeko

Reaction score
tactics and player that nicely really determine victory one team.
according to opinion you of course it as a football manager tactic's maniac what would be convenient to be applied on one team your favorite?
I thought 442 attack is tactic would be convenient and confidance tactics :D

let see this my future tactic in my webspot

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Kimz tactics. Always worked well for me, but then again I've only ever been Ajax and Liverpool.

There is NO "best" tactic; it all depends on the players you have at your disposal (unlike in previous versions of the game, which is really good!).
My current fav one is 4-3-1-2, I'm sticking with it at Chelsea even tho I would have liked to revert to the "original" 4-4-2 with two VERY offensive wingers... Unfortunately, the current line-up of the club lacks top quality wingers with Joe Cole consistently underperforming when deployed on the wings and Kalou being simply useless as a wide player.

i like formation 4-2-3-1, because my style is possesion game.

me i use a tactic which has 2 centre backs 1 defensive midfielder the normal 4 across the midfield an attacking midfielder and two strikers

despite having only 2 defenders at the back (vidic and ferdinand) i still have the best defensive record in the premiership so far with only letting in 12 goals after 22 games in the premiership in 1st season for man utd. chelsea is 2nd in defensive record with 13 goals let in.

so 2-1-4-1-2 works for me lol

3-1-1-2-3 | The best formation iv used so far, since starting again with this formation iv Won 6, Drawn 1, Lost 2 =D

Only one I havn't been completely useless with so far is a attacking 5-3-2

3 - 1 - 2- 2 -2

3 Centre Backs

1 Defensive Mid Central

2 Midfield Central

1 Attacking Mid Left with Arrow point down
1 Attacking Mid Right with Arrow point down

2 Strikers

Attacking Mentality.

It works for me.

any links for any of these or any tactics at all guys? im not having much luck with my own :(

I usually tend to go with a 4-4-2 formation just because I'm worried if I swich to other tactics my team will play ****. And why fix something that isn't broken? ;D

I'd say I agree with MetroID that a tactic would work best if it fits the character of your players. However, I found out that many of my friends are quite successful in employing 4-4-2 with FARROWS on both wingers.

I myself prefer 4-3-1-2 or even 4-5-1 since I dont really like playing with many crosses. Im playing Arsenal and I like better to play walcott as ST and Nasri as an AMC.

wat do u mean by FARROWS?? i used 4-4-2 before n im trying not to use any arrows on my player.. im using M city currently by the way.. quite hard to get a win from a strong team like MU or arsenal n liverpool..

I think he meant arrows.....in previous games (dont have 09 yet) i normally go 442, but if i have poor wingers and good defenders will go 532 (normally with wing backs dmr/dml) and play to my defensive strength and hit on counter

well ive always been a huge fan of 4-5-1 systems, the idea of have 5 men to cover the middle when you lose the ball and 3-4 to counter quickly has always be appealing (not that it ever works quite that well, i always try to make a half decent one fore every football manager game currently my ive developed the taqctic to look like the following;

4-5-1 Att

as you can tell im still early on in the game but ill share what happened so far, first of i tried the basic unaltered 4-5-1 Att formation and got destroyed in my first pre season friendly 5-1, so i dropped and extra man back in the centre, changed the MC to close down all the time along with the DC's, i gave the AMC much more freedom almost emplyoing a free role giving him permission to run with the ball, and made sure there were people on the post for corners haha (let in 4 goals from corners in the first game) make sure the FC is strong and can either have the pace to get past defenders or the ability to hold it up for the wingers, anso i made the pass's a little less direct as the ball was given away far too much, after these changes things improved greatly (along with new transferes bought solely cos they fitted the system) i had 3 sucessive o-o draws not a sucess you may say but when you consider 1 of thise was against Middlesbourgh it looks very good indeeed for Hartlepool, next up was a huge test Liverpool;

Hartlepool United vs Liverpool

okay i lost 3-2 but, we came from behind twice and the world of qulity between the 2 teams was not evident at all we missed a lot of good chances so i was delighted with the tactic making little tweks here and there im now 3 games into the season 2 home wins, 1-0 & 1-0 along with a leage cup win against Championship side Burnlly 2-1 so all's good so far though as you will see from the formation picture my MC, who is the heaqrt & captian of the tean has just been injured so it will be intresting to seehow the team copes without him

Last edited:
Chelsea Tactics

Hi guys,i want to share with you my new tactic with chelsea..
When i started the game me and 2 friends with no transfers at first period(which is more real) and three nations loading(me chelsea the others inter-arsenal) i came down to 10th place -losing from hull,stoke etc....so i got really really angry....with only 2 attackers drogba scoring 2 goals and anelka only one(-in 14h on pitch) and when they were injured kalou was the replacement i got crazy..after many tactics i tried ,my team played better football on this

3cb
2wb with arrows
2mc
1amc
2fc

when january came, i sold all my wingers ,joe cole 40m,malouda 16m and some other usuless in my opinion players,anelka!!! 15m,carvalho 15m,bridge 15m...with this money i bought players playing the positions in my tactics,srna-22m,coloccini 23m,chielini 27m,pirlo 35m,lassana diarra 20m,saviola 12m,amauri 20m and oscar cardoso(i think) fc 15m...
At this time my team is amazing!!!i played 7 games winning all of them(including arsenal)!!and now my team is at 5th place..9 points from the top..
my team now is:

gk-cech
3 cb-chielini,terry,coloccini
2wb with arrows-ashley cole,srna(or belletti)
2mc-ballack,diarra(or pirlo)
1amc-lampard
2fc-drogba,amauri

well, I play 4-4-2 tactic with man united with specific info been given to the players and man... the 3 goals come usually. when I first started with that, 9-1 was the score...