emocan10

Reaction score
I am very impressed by the football and results I got with this tactic, and the football produced is quite unique considering the mainstream tactics around. Since people in these forums are eager to try new things, I decided to share it here first.

View attachment 316266

Defensive Shape
View attachment 316265

Attacking Shape
View attachment 316257

Results
View attachment 316262 View attachment 316261

What I tried to create is a tactic where the team doesn't entirely depend on the performance of a couple key positions such as the lone SC scoring, regista DMC making good through balls, AMC creating chances, etc... The key idea is sharing the space on the field. I have been following Guardiola's tactical experiments with Bayern this season, and the most impressive one is the 3-3-4, which also reminded me of Mircea Lucescu's 3-5-2 with Besiktas in 03/04. The team defends with 8 man, 3 defenders and 5 midfielders staying back and 2 strikers staying up front. When it comes to attacking, it becomes a clear 3-2-3-2 banks where individuals roam around.

The things to keep in mind while tweaking:

- SCs should stay in Attacking duty so they stay upfront while team is defending. No matter what instructions you give, your defenders will clear the ball long multiple times during the game, and having 2 upfront helps to retain these balls. They can be [Treq or DLF] and [CF or AF] duo.

- Wingers should remain on support duty so that they track back opposition wingers. Having 2 wingers helps to provide width while attacking. Having one of them as IF or AP can work two but both would just clutter the middle of the field.

- DMs on support duty is the ideal so far as they would provide good passing options while attacking, but when the opponent's AMC becomes a problem, keeping one on Defending can be a good solution.

Last edited:
Very interest of this tactic i love 3 dc.
do you suggest to use with small medium team?

@serg

You can decide on your own. I just wanted to provide a basic shape and tactic.

@Arrow

It has worked with Liverpool and Burnley for me so far. As long as your DCs are above average, it should work.

I updated the tactic and added it to the first post.

I realized it didn't get much attention initially, but I think the formation gives a special dominant shape around the field. This is a plug&play score from my first game with Besiktas. Please let me know of your feedback if you decide to give it a try.

View attachment 272045

Emocan!! I remember your old tactics for FM06 or something, CMAddict they've been legend and so are you to me! If you say you think it's great then god it has to be, I'll test it with my next save, got an offer from Barca later in the game, I might do that. I'll get back to you bro

Emocan!! I remember your old tactics for FM06 or something, CMAddict they've been legend and so are you to me! If you say you think it's great then god it has to be, I'll test it with my next save, got an offer from Barca later in the game, I might do that. I'll get back to you bro
Thanks mate, that's me. I am no longer able to spend that much time playing FM though. But still, I want to contribute to the community when I find a gem.

I uploaded a defensively much more solid v2.