Sharpening The Blades - A Sheffield United Story

s6dj

Reaction score
Sharpening The Blades - Sheffield United

View attachment 370568
Following the departure of Ex Sheffield Wednesday Rumbelows Cup winning legend Danny Wilson after endless supporter protests, the Sheffield United board have attempted to win back the hearts of fans by appointing lifelong Blades supporter Danny Jones. Jones played for the clubs academy up until a horrific injury forced him to end his career before it had even begun. He instead turned to coaching and became the youngest ever holder of the Uefa Pro license aged just 22, and has held a coaching role at Bramall Lane ever since. With Wilson now out of the picture Jones has taken charge of first team affairs, and will no doubt be expected to get the club back into the Championship as soon as possible.

The Squad

View attachment 370574
The club has been well noted for its academy in recent years, with the club producing England defensive pair Kyle Walker and Phil Jagielka, as well as others Premiership starlets such as Matty Lowton, and Kyle Naughton (Yes we produce a lot of Right Backs lol) Of the current crop the stand out prospects are towering centre half and England u21 Harry Maguire, goalkeeper George Long, and 17 yr old Italian protegee Diego De Girolamo (keep an eye out for him as we progress) The Latest star to make a name for himself is Callum Mcfadzean, however as I don't plan to play wingers it will depend on how well he can adjust to life as a left wing back.

In terms of transfers I feel we could do with adding another striker and im looking to play at least 2 and potentially even 3 up top, as well as a couple of decent full backs to add further competition.

NB This is my first story so all feedback is welcome. Also it is on the latest LFC Marshall update, hence the squad changes. I have also added the transfers of Lyle Taylor and loan of Conor Coady to the club, as the were both signed this week.