• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Stoke City captain Ryan Shawcross insists he will not consider playing for Wales despite being eligible as he targets an England call.

More...

I think he's good enough for the England squad, and who knows he mightn't even sh*g the other players wives

Brilliant stuff in my opinion, too many players switch alliances too easily in my opinion these days.

He is certainly international quality but sadly for Ryan, there are 4 maybe 5 better players in his posistion. Am glad to see someone committed to try and improve and break through in to the squad though.

Good lad. Seen players opting to play for other nations just to play international football..

IMO he is good enough to play for England and surely he should get chances once Terry, Rio all retires from International duties..

Good lad. Seen players opting to play for other nations just to play international football..

IMO he is good enough to play for England and surely he should get chances once Terry, Rio all retires from International duties..

He just needs to be patient, and keep working hard. Definitely think he should be ahead of Lescott

He just needs to be patient, and keep working hard. Definitely think he should be ahead of Lescott

Yeah. Cahill and Dawson are above him in pecking order and I can see him overtaking them. For some strange reasons Jags dont get a chance.

Yeah. Cahill and Dawson are above him in pecking order and I can see him overtaking them. For some strange reasons Jags dont get a chance.

Jags kept picking up injuries at the worst possible time. But Shawcross has time on his hands

I'd say Rio and John are obviously first choice with Dawson, Cahill and Upson (although I don't personally think he's any good but Fabio obviously see's something in him) will always get picked ahead of Ryan. Hopefully it won't be too long though before he along with Smalling and Jones will be given some first time playing time to show what they can do.

I'd say Rio and John are obviously first choice with Dawson, Cahill and Upson (although I don't personally think he's any good but Fabio obviously see's something in him) will always get picked ahead of Ryan. Hopefully it won't be too long though before he along with Smalling and Jones will be given some first time playing time to show what they can do.

Upson shouldnt be anywhere near the squad. Rio, Terry, King when fit, Jags; backed up by Cahill, Dawson, Shawcross.

Jags kept picking up injuries at the worst possible time. But Shawcross has time on his hands

And also he will be 29.. Can't see him playing for England.

Smalling took giant strides towards first team and I can see him Smalling making first team for sure and with him either shawcross, Jones, Dawson playing..

And also he will be 29.. Can't see him playing for England.

Smalling took giant strides towards first team and I can see him Smalling making first team for sure and with him either shawcross, Jones, Dawson playing..

29 is a perfect age for a defender though, and given that both Rio and Terry have their injury issues, he will get game time. Assuming we get there he will play in 2012

Upson shouldnt be anywhere near the squad. Rio, Terry, King when fit, Jags; backed up by Cahill, Dawson, Shawcross.

Still can't understand how Upson got England call up.

Sadly King wont play for England. He should quit and concentrate on Club job only..

I'm talking about team after Terry and Rio, with how things are going I dont see them playing forever.. Rio's fitness issues keeps him out and he should make up his mind. If he wants to prolong his club career he should quit England as he is already 32..

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

29 is a perfect age for a defender though, and given that both Rio and Terry have their injury issues, he will get game time. Assuming we get there he will play in 2012

What I meant was he is 29, by the time he establishes himself in NT he will be over 30. So I cant see him playing for England regularly.. He is one of Fav player in the league.. :(

Still can't understand how Upson got England call up.

Sadly King wont play for England. He should quit and concentrate on Club job only..

I'm talking about team after Terry and Rio, with how things are going I dont see them playing forever.. Rio's fitness issues keeps him out and he should make up his mind. If he wants to prolong his club career he should quit England as he is already 32..

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

What I meant was he is 29, by the time he establishes himself in NT he will be over 30. So I cant see him playing for England regularly.. He is one of Fav player in the league.. :(

Euro 2012 will be his last, can see him and Terry retiring internationally after that.

Yeah agree about that with Jags

I couldn't agree more mate but for some unknown reason Fabio seems to be a fan of Upson and untill he goes, I can only see him keep putting him in the squad.

Would also be pretty awkward playing for Wales since Ramsey is the captain...

Not sure he is even thinking about that, or even why it should be awkward

May not be thinking about it, but it would be awkward - of course it would. He could have ended Ramsey's career. I know I would feel awkward/guilty whenever I saw Ramsey if I were him.

I fully believe he will get into the England team eventually. He has the ability and is still young.

Fair play from the lad, he definitely has a future in the England setup so why not aspire for it?

May not be thinking about it, but it would be awkward - of course it would. He could have ended Ramsey's career. I know I would feel awkward/guilty whenever I saw Ramsey if I were him.

Not really, happened a long time ago, most people would have talked it over and moved. Both players have, its nly some fans n both sides who havent. I certainly wouldn't feel awkward at this, it happens in football. And hes playing again, and very well.

Back