Shawcross explains Wales rebuff

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K
May not be thinking about it, but it would be awkward - of course it would. He could have ended Ramsey's career. I know I would feel awkward/guilty whenever I saw Ramsey if I were him.

You make it sound as if he intentionally broke Ramsey's leg. It was accidental. Both have moved on..

I'm glad. I like Shawcross: formed a formidable partnership with Huth for Stoke, and he's a well-rounded defender. Young too.

You make it sound as if he intentionally broke Ramsey's leg. It was accidental. Both have moved on..

Indeed, the only people who seem not to have moved on in this little charade are a whole bunch of Arsenal fans...

Not at all. Intentional or not, he broke his leg and could easily have ended his career. I'm not trying to start another argument about this, I'm simply stating that I would think that that would stick in the back of your mind and would be slightly awkward. But you're right - both have moved on, so perhaps it wouldn't be.

I'm glad. I like Shawcross: formed a formidable partnership with Huth for Stoke, and he's a well-rounded defender. Young too.

Indeed, the only people who seem not to have moved on in this little charade are a whole bunch of Arsenal fans...

I'll ignore that comment.

If i was him id give it a few years and then if a call dosen't come i would play for Wales.

Back