• Replies 13
  • Views 7K
L

ltpbfc

Sheffield FC-The Original Football Club

Factfile
Name: Sheffield Football Club
Stadium:
The Coach and Horses Ground, Dronfield (2000 Capacity)
Founded:
Division:
Northern Premier League Division 1 South
Training Facilities:
Basic
Youth Facilities:
Minimal
Rivals:
Hallam
Media Prediction:
3rd

Bio
Sheffield Football Club is an English football club from Sheffield, South Yorkshire. The club, founded in 1857 is most noted for the fact that they are the world's oldest club now playing Association football. The team was originally based at various grounds around Sheffield, including Bramall Lane, the home of Sheffield United. They are now based at the Coach and Horses Ground in Dronfield, Derbyshire. The club are also noted for participating in the world's oldest footballing rivalry. Sheffield competed against Hallam in the world's first inter-club match during 1860 – the match is known as the "Sheffield" derby. The club's finest hour came in 1904 when they won the FA Amateur Cup, a competition conceived after a suggestion by Sheffield. They also finished as runners up of the FA Vase in 1977. They have been bestowed with the FIFA Order of Merit and commemorated by the English Football Hall of Fame for their significant place in football history.

Hi guys, ive decided to start a career with Sheffield FC, the oldest club in the world with the aim of getting them to the top and become famous once again. Hope you enjoy it and any feedback is welcome.

Pre-Season 2012/2013

Transfers
Despite the squad being predicted to get 3rd as it was, i felt it needed a lot of improving. We didnt have a senior goalkeeper and only had two 17 year old keepers, neither up to standard. The defence was one of our weakest areas and to be honest, I'm still not happy with the quality of my back line. Our midfield seemed quite strong down the middle but was weak on the wings. Our attack only had one decent senior striker and several youngsters not yet ready for this level. I decided to get rid of the whole under 18s. None were particulary impressive and each were taking up £5 per week, which doesnt seem much but i needed all the spare wages i could get. I managed to sign some decent players, including striker Ethan Mannion, who was released by West Brom, and a keeper, Chris Elliott.

Friendlies
We had a good pre-season considering the opposition we were up against:
View attachment 331506
We got off to a good start against our own reserves, with a 3-1 win. While it was dissapointing to concede 6 against Stockport, it was nice to score twice against higher opposition. We then had a slightly disappointing 1-1 draw with Clitheroe. After this came our most impressive game to date, a 1-0 win against Rochdale, who only got relegated to league 2 last season. Ethan Mannion scored his first for the club, in a 2-1 loss to Vauxhall Motors. This was followed up with a 4-2 win against Christleton. We then lost to parent club, Sheffield Wednesday but we managed to get 1,500 in attendance which brought some decent money into the club. Our final friendly was a 3-1 win against Abbey Hey. As you can see from our results, our main problem was our defence. To concede twice against Christleton was very disappointing. However, one positive was Shaquille McKenzie, who scored 5 times. The young striker wasnt originally going to be anything other than backup, but has played his way into my plans. Overall, I am happy with our pre-season and has set up our season nicely. Heres our squad as it is just before the first league game:
View attachment 331510
View attachment 331511

August 2012

200px-Sheffield_FC.svg.png

The first month of the season was quite successful for Sheffield FC. The team managed to pick up two wins and two draws, scoring 10 goals in the 4 games during the month.

V Rainworth Miners Welfare H
View attachment 332145

The game was quite even until the 72nd, when Rainworth's Conor Higginson drilled the ball into the back of the net from just inside the area. However, we managed to pull one back by Shaquille McKenzie, who scored a well-placed shot beating the opposition keeper at the near post in the 77th minute. This was followed by a goal by Vill Powell just five minutes later. McKenzie then turned provider, setting up Matt Roney who then scored the goal that decided the game in the 93rd minute.
Result:3-1 P.O.M: Vill Powell Attendance: 332

V Sutton Coldfield Town A
View attachment 332146

Vill Powell got Sheffield off to a great start, scoring a tidy finish in the 32nd minute. Adam Farrell increased our lead after he latched onto Charlie Weir's freekick. His first effort hit the upright but he reacted quickest to slot home to make it 2-0. However, two lapses from keeper, Chris Elliott, allowed Sutton to come away with a draw. The first goal came when Elliott was caught in no mans land when a cross came in, giving their striker an easy finish. The second was a long range shot from their winger which our keeper let slip through his hands.
Result: 2-2 P.O.M: Vill Powell Attendance: 125

V Halesowen H
View attachment 332147

The game started well for us, with their defender turning a cross into his own net, making it 1-0 after just 2 minutes. Shaquille McKenzie double the lead, coolly slotting the ball into the far corner. Michael Roche then turned in a corner on his debut. After a really strong first half, we almost chucked our good work away, conceding a goal coming from a poor headed pass back from goalscorer Roche. However, we managed to steady the ship to get a win.
Result: 3-1 P.O.M: Michael Roche Attendance: 326

V Mickleover Sports A
View attachment 332148

Young striker Shaquille McKenzie continued his rich vein of form as he scored in only the 22nd minute to put us 1-0 up. He showed good composure to slot the ball past the opposition keeper. A lapse in concentration from Andry Gascoigne as he was at fault for their first goal with a sloppy back pass which gave a simple finish for their striker. McKenzie continued his goalscoring form as he scored a wonderful, dipping free kick, struck from 30 yards to put us back ahead. In the 81st minute, the young striker was cruelly denied his hatrick, as he scored when he was marginally offside. Then to rub salt in the wounds, Mickleover scored an equaliser just 2 minutes later, when their striker was found unmarked in the box and coolly slotted home.
Result: 2-2 P.O.M: Shaquille McKenzie Attendance: 141

Overall, I'm quite happy with our position after the first four games. However, it'll be a tight season, with 5 other teams on the same points as us, with only our superior goalscoring to thank for our position.

The young striker was very impressive for me in August, scoring four goals in four games. He also managed to get an assisit and an average of 7.70. This performance has firmly put him at the forefront of my plans. Not bad for a player who was originally only backup!

September 2012

Sheffield continued their good start to the season, as they followed it up with an impressive set of results in a busy month, with seven games and four of these being away. There were also a lot of games between us and the teams that were already starting to challenge at the top.

V Belper Town H
View attachment 332455

I was quite impressed with this game, considering Belper were in second at this point and level on points with us. Vill Powell scored in the 25th minute after Shaquille McKenzie fizzed the ball across the box. Powell then got his brace as he headed home an accurate cross from Andry Gascoigne. This is how the game ended, but it was marred by three injuries during the game. Adam Farrell and Adam Robinson both went off, but the worst was a strain for midfield maestro Andry Gascoigne. This made him miss the next couple of games, which was a big miss as he had being very good in the opening part of the season.
Result: 2-0 P.O.M: Vill Powell Attendance: 341

V Coalville Town A
View attachment 332462

Our first loss was one which really annoyed me. They scored in the opening ten minutes after we scuppered a good chance and they hit us on the break. They doubled their lead just before half time, as their striker was found in the box and scored a tidy finish. We eventually pulled one back with ten minutes to go, but the damage was already done as we slumped to our first defeat of the season.
Result: 2-1 P.O.M: Vill Powell Attendance: 168

V Market Drayton Town A
View attachment 332465

We managed to return to winning ways as we beat Market Drayton 2-0. It was a pretty drab match until the 73rd minute, when Richard Stirrup drove the ball home from outside the box to give us the lead. Powell then scored again six minutes later to assure the win. However, Stirrup's first goal for Sheffield was marred by another injury.
Result: 2-0 P.O.M: Vill Powell Attendance: 119

V Chasetown A
View attachment 332467

This was a pretty uneventful match up until just before the break. Shaquille McKenzie scored from a rebound to put us ahead at halftime. Stirrup then scored after the opposition keeper hit the ball straight to him from out the area. Stirrup hit it first time to put us two up. Substitute Ethan Mannion then was the quickest to react after a shot hit the upright, he was able to convert the simple tap in.
Result: 3-0 P.O.M: Joshua Dale Attendance: 176

V Northwich Victoria H
View attachment 332471
This was a very frustrating game, but not for the result. This game saw Vill Powell get an injury for between 5-6 months. I was gutted because he had been in excellent form, scoring 6 times and getting P.O.M 3 times. However, i did enjoy the result. We benefited from an own goal in the 21st minute. Thankfully, Ethan Mannion stepped up his game with the injury to Powell. He managed to latch onto a through ball, and slot it cooly past the keeper. He then wrapped up the game with his second of the match, a nice finish at the near post.
Result: 3-0 P.O.M: Joshua Dale Attendance: 294

After Powell's injury, I decided to bring in a couple of strikers to boost my ranks. I managed to get both for 7 months so Powell had time to recover. Neither cost any wages so i thought it was a couple of decent deals.

V Newcastle Town H
View attachment 332475

I was expecting a better performance for one the best sides in the competition. In reality, it was all over by halftime. Shaquille McKenzie jinked past three defenders to slot it coolly home. Mannion scored his fourth in three matches as he drilled the ball home from inside the box. In the 42nd minute Mann smashed the ball into the roof of the net at the near post, after being found by Marrison. There was a slight scare on 78 minutes when the ball managed to squirm into the net somehow, but we held on for a 3-1 win.
Result: 3-1 P.O.M: Adam Mann Attendance: 260

V King's Lynn Town A
View attachment 332479

Despite the result, I was happy with the performance. After a terrible start, we managed to claw back a point. We were 2-0 down after just four minutes. However, we managed to get a goal on the brink of halftime. Adam Robinson turned in an Adam Mann corner. We then scored a flukey goal, as Andry Gascoigne hit a cross which ended up dipping the keeper from 30 yards on the right. However, I will take it and i was thrilled to get a draw after the start we had. It could have easily been 5-0 if they had carried on at the rate they started with but our defence held out and deserved it in the end.
Result: 2-2 P.O.M: Adam Robinson Attendance: 830

I'm glad with our table position but it's still very tight. I'd like to keep up our home record and our great goal scoring. However, I would like my defence to improve in the coming months.

The young Irishman impressed me as he stepped up in the absence of Vill Powell. He also scored four goals in the last four games, which were vital in keeping at the top of the table.

A cracking start mate!
How is Paul Ennis getting on? I have been trailing him in my save!

A cracking start mate!
How is Paul Ennis getting on? I have been trailing him in my save!

To be honest mate ive just been using him as a sub at the moment, but he has impressed when he's come on. I think you play the level above me but he is certainly capable in my league. Do you want me to post some screenshots for you?

Nice mate, so far so good. I wanted to start as Sheffield too, but got caught up in my San Marino save. Good luck, hoping for promotion...

Nice mate, so far so good. I wanted to start as Sheffield too, but got caught up in my San Marino save. Good luck, hoping for promotion...

Thanks mate, i hope your doing well in your san marino game

Nice start mate! I also start as Sheffield and now at Matchday 17 i'm at the 3rd Position.. Which tactic do you use? I'm new to the FM from Sports Interactive.. Why are no Playoffs in your database? I have the same problem, too. I thought the 8th tier in England has the playoffs :-S

Sorry I didn't update last night, I had it all typed out but my laptop froze! I'll do a double update tomorrow if I can to make up for it.

October 2012

A really impressive month for the club as they continued to set the pace for the league and putting themselves in a good position at this early stage in the year.

V Kidsgrove Athletic H
View attachment 333696

What a start to the month! We got off to a flyer with Shaquille McKenzie scoring in only the second minute. They then pegged us back in the 10th minute, but we were soon back on top. McKenzie scored his second when he latched onto a Gascoigne through ball. He then completed his hatrick on 32 minutes, after heading home from a Mann free kick. It got from bad to worse as Kidsgrove had a man sent off for a bad challenge. Ethan Mannion then got onto the score sheet, hitting it in from a tight angle just before the break. Our goalscoring form continued after halftime with Mannion scoring again, smashing the ball past the opposition keeper. He then got the second hatrick of the afternoon, cooly finishing on 60 minutes. Our great performance was slighlty marred by an injury to Shaquille McKenzie, who was revealed to be out for six weeks.
Result: 6-1 P.O.M: Shaquille McKenzie Attendance: 320

V Brigg Town H
View attachment 333697

This was a pretty even game for the most of the first half. On-loan striker Alex Ford stepped up after McKenzie's injury, to score after a shot hit the post and he was quickest to react. The game was sealed by an unlucky own goal by their defender.
Result: 2-0 P.O.M: Alex Ford Attendance: 267

V Romulus Town A
View attachment 333703

It was a pretty even game, before defender Adam Robbinson put us ahead just before half time, with a spectacular diving header. They then caught us on the counter attack, before passing out wide for their player to score from a tight angle. I was getting ready for a draw when we got a penalty from a corner. It was put away well by Griff Jones. Mannion completed the scoring in added time.
Result: 3-1 P.O.M: Adam Robinson Attendance: 63

Gornal Athletic A (Northern League Challenge Cup)
View attachment 333727

We then played Gornal in the cup. The Midlands Counties side put up a brave performance, but our class ultimately shone through. Ben Turner got us off to a good start, when he made a rare trip forward to finish off a nice passing move. It should have been more before the break, as Marrison missed a penalty. He later made up for it on 75 minutes when he showed composure to slot home a through ball. Griff Jones was in the right place as he scored on 85 minutes to wrap up the game.
Result: 3-0 P.O.M: Ben Turner Attendance: 45

V Carlton Town A
View attachment 333735

Not the best performance from the team, but a good result. Carlton started the stronger of the two teams as they scored on the 33rd minute as aresult of sloppy defending. It stayed that way until disaster struck for Carlton as their defender turned the ball into his own net just after half time. This spurred on Sheffield as they went in search of a winner and it came just seven minutes later when Mannion put through a perfect ball for Jones to round the keeper and slot home.
Result: 2-1 P.O.M: Ethan Mannion Attendance: 78

Looking good for us at the moment. Seven points ahead of our nearest rivals and got 39 goals in the league already. We're well on our way towards promotion.

The youngster has continued his good form as he scores another four goals this month. His performances were especially important with the absences of Shaquille McKenzie and Vill Powell.

November 2012

Although it was a good month results wise, I was quite dissapointed with the performance of the team. Our defence was pretty poor, conceding quite a lot of avoidable goals. We also didn't keep a clean sheet all month, conceding 8 goals. We need to pick it up if we are to get promoted.

V Hucknall Town H
View attachment 334189
It was a great start to the month as we scored five in the opening game. Mannion opened the scoring as he was in the right place to slot home. Griff Jones scored the second of the day on 11 minutes. Lee Featherstone then pounced on a free kick which hit the cross bar and he scored in an empty net. They pulled on back just after half time to put the pressure on, before two late goals from Adam Robinson and Warren Burrell.
Result: 5-1 P.O.M: Ethan Mannion Attendance: 288

V Lincoln United H
View attachment 334192
I was vey dissapointed with our performance in this match. Things got off to a great start when Griff Jones headed home from a corner. Then a mistake from Joshua Dale cost us two points. Their player chipped the ball over his head to set up the goalscorer in the last ten minutes. Up till then it was a pretty solid display.
Result: 1-1 P.O.M: Adam Robinson Attendance: 279

V Ashton United H (Northern League Challenge Cup)
View attachment 334206

We got off to a terrible start as we went down to two sloppy goals before half time. However, I gave them all an inspirational speech at half time. Farrell volleyed home from a Marrison cross four minutes after the break. A long range strike from Burrell put us level. Then just three minutes later, Mannion latched onto a flicked on header to score the winner.
Result: 3-2 P.O.M: Warren Burrell Attendance: 255

V Loughborough Dynamo A
View attachment 334234
This game saw the return of Shaquille McKenzie, coming back after a six week injury. He soon found his scoring form, scoring just 38 minutes into his comeback. Thats the way the scores stayed until the 75th minute when Andry Gascoigne's shot from outside the box nestled in the corner of the net. Alex Ford then volleyed home from inside the box. They showed some spirit to score a consolation in added time.
Result: 3-1 P.O.M: Adam Robinson Attendance: 68

V Leek Town A
View attachment 334253
We got off to a terrible start, we were two down after just ten minutes. We only started playing on 50 minutes when Marrison ran half the pitch to smash home. We then continued the revival, and on 84 minutes we got our deserved equaliser. Andry Gascoigne jinked past three defenders to smash it past the keeper.
Result: 2-2 P.O.M: Ben Turner Attendance: 142

V Gresley FC
View attachment 334256

We began the match brightly, with Mannion latching onto a low cross to slot home. The lead was then doubled when Adam Farrell cut inside and curled the ball into the far corner. This was what sparked Gresley into life as they fought back and scored with 20 minutes remaining. However, we were able to hold them out.
Result: 2-1 P.O.M: Lee Featherstone Attendance: 180

Adam Robinson was our stand out defender in our worst defensive month so far. He has been a rock in our defence so far and one of the players of the season so far.