Sheffield United: A boyhood dream

wozzoa1

Reaction score
Just a little introduction to say I've started a few stories before but rarely got far due to work/college. Atm I've left college and got a few weeks before I start my new job so thought I'd give one a go. I recently had a Sheff United save where I got them to the prem and lost in the Champions League final. I made a bad decision moving to Arsenal in 2020, got bored really easy. So I've started again with my hometown club who I've had a season ticket for 10+ years, I will be using LFCMarshalls recent Summer update.

View attachment 275052

WILSON LEAVES LEAVING UNITED IN TURMOIL

Danny Wilson has sensationally quit Sheffield United today after talks with Kevin McCabe the SUFC chairman went sour. Reports close to the South Yorkshire club believe it was due to McCabe not allowing funds to sign players to replace those who have departed such as Stephen Quinn. The Blades have recently been rocked after the Ched Evans rape trial and play offs heartbreak. With financial problems and no manager where does leave the League One favourites?

View attachment 275050

BOYHOOD FAN WASDEN TAKES CONTROL OF SHEFFIELD UNITED

Unknown manager Callum Wasden from Sheffield has been offered the job. Wasden is close to the McCabe family and after a number of candidates including Sean Dyche, Andy Thorn and Alan Curbishley. Wasden was offered the job, he will be working on a tight budget of around 500k.

PRE SEASON

Average pre season as 3 come in and 1 exits

Sheffield United sign the former Everton youth product Jose Baxter aswell as winger Anthony McNamee on free transfers. Wasden also swooped for Norwich centre back Leon Barnett on a season long loan. Fans believe Wasden has made some great signings. Also David McCallister has left Bramall Lane for a deal worth 160k.

View attachment 275136View attachment 275137View attachment 275138

View attachment 275140
not the best pre season i've ever had but the last match against Bristol City really impressed me. First game of the season next against Brentford.​

Being a Blade, I'll follow this lad! Also, how's grubby? Haha!

View attachment 275247
AUGUST- POOR START FOR UNITED
3 Wins 2 Losses in the league
Out of the Capital One Cup

Sheffield United 4-0 Brentford
Blackman 2, Flynn 2

Sheffield United 2-1 Bradford City (Capital One Cup)
Collins, Montgomery

Swindon Town 2-1 Sheffield United
Baxter

Sheffield United 2-1 Scunthorpe United
Cofie, Baxter

Notts County 3-2 Sheffield United
Cofie, Montgomery

Blackpool 2-0 Sheffield United (Capital One Cup)

Sheffield United 2-1 Stevenage
Maguire, Doyle

Not the best of starts, solid at home but shocking away. A very attacking line up away from home has cost the Blades. Still no solid strike force in place either. First choice right back and probably star defender suffered an injury that kept him out for the first month.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

With 2 goals and 3 assists from the right wing, Jose Baxter has made an instant impact for the Blades.
View attachment 275254

DEADLINE DAY SEES LLOYD SAM SIGN ON A FREE
Former Charlton winger Lloyd Sam signed a contract with the Blades. Wasden said he would provide extra pace and depth into the squad. Wasden also hinted that this could push Jose Baxter into his natural forward role.
View attachment 275255

Finally a look at the league table.
View attachment 275256

not really poor start keep the faith and i feel you have made some absorlutely fantastic signings there i'm following

i couldnt include the bottom but pompey havent scored a goal yet i dont think haha! got any tips?

View attachment 275299

SEPTEMBER

Amazing month for United
5/5 clean sheets see The Blades cut League One open

Colchester United 0-2 Sheffield United
Blackman, Barnett
Typical away performance which I expect all season. Tight at the back, limiting shots then taking the chances when they come.

Sheffield United 1-0 Tranmere Rovers
Montgomery
Tranmere were top of the league going into this so I knew it would be tough. Once again solid at the back but the strikers were off form. It took a wonder strike by Nick Montgomery to seperate the two.

Sheffield United 2-0 Preston North End
Cofie 2
First class performance by the lad on loan from Manchester United. The second was a joy to behold and can see why Fergie rates him highly.

Leyton Orient 0-2 Sheffield United
Baxter, Barnett
Another efficient away performance, took the chance when they came. Baxter actually scored inside the minute. Barnett headed the second past the keeper who didn't see it.

Shrewsbury 0-0 Sheffield United
A bore draw, wasnt helped by the fact new signing Lee Bowyer was sent off inside half an hour.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Hard choice but seen as we didn't concede a goal over the month I had to give it to one of the back 4. I went for the young, highly rated Harry Maguire as he played outstandingly throughout has a average rating of the month of 7.9.

View attachment 275300

LEE BOWYER JOINS BLADES AS INJURIES HIT MIDFIELD

Lee Bowyer was drafted in 24hours before the PNE game due to an injury to Nick Montgomery in training. With McDonald already on the sidelines Wasden had to do something.

View attachment 275301

LEAGUE TABLE
View attachment 275307
*note I've played the next game so the table has changed one game earlier*​

October

View attachment 275371
OCTOBER

More positives for The Blades
Clean Sheet record
Finally Concede

Sheffield United 2-0 Carlisle United
Cofie, Maguire
Another professional performance, worked on set pieces at the start of the season and its paying off with Maguire nodding a few more in this month.

Bradford City 1-0 Sheffield United (JPT)
Wasn't really interested in this cup and gave me a chance to play some younger players. Unlucky not to win, especially with a bizarre own goal from Mark Howard.

Sheffield United 3-0 Crewe Alexandra
Maguire, Cofie, OG
Dominated but couldn't find the net until late on, Cofie showed some quality and then Blackman was unlucky for it to go own as an own goal.
Doncaster Rovers 1-4 Sheffield United
McNamee, Montgomery, Cofie, Blackman
The South Yorkshire Derby provided a classic and United were rampant in front of goal. All goals were superb. You know its your day when Monty cracks one in from 25 yards! Best performance of the season so far from the boys in red and white.

MK Dons 4-2 Sheffield United
Maguire, Blackman
A real shambles at the back, Ryan Lowe ran us ragged with late runs into the box to finish crosses. Until I man marked him it was horrible, it was too late when Blackman turned and curled one in. Although that will be the hardest game of the season I'm sure.

Sheffield United
3-0 Crawley
Mcnamee, Montgomery, Blackman

Portsmouth 0-0 Sheffield United
Came for the point and got it. A resurgent Pompey had a blinding month picking up 3 wins on the bounce. Both teams had chances to win it including John Cofie who was tripped in the box yet the ref booked him for diving.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

With Tony McMahon injured (again) it was up to young Daryl Westlake to step up. And my god he did! He got 6 assists in the month which for a right back is really impressive. He also got League One Player of the Month.

View attachment 275369

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 275370
Top of the league all month, I plan to stay there.

if anyones actually reading this it'd be nice to get some feedback

mate some people read these stories but may not comment as they don't have accounts but im following keep it up

i'll have november on later just startin the month now

View attachment 275412

BLADES BAG DAVIS AND BATES

Callum Wasden has revealed new signings Matthew Bates and Sean Davis outside Bramall Lane today. Both picked up a week before the free transfer deadline. They become United's 6th and 7th signings of the season. Wasden spoke of his delight by saying "I couldnt believe Matthew and Sean were on free transfers. Both could easily do a job in the Championship. Sean is still recovering from an injury and we have been tracking him since I came". Wasden also revealed that there would be departures in January such as Chris Porter and Marcus Williams looked set to leave.

View attachment 275413View attachment 275414

November

View attachment 275439

NOVEMBER

Short month sees Blades go 100% throughout November
Through to 2nd round of the FA Cup

Sheffield United 3-1 Walsall
Montgomery, Maguire, Cofie

Preston North End 0-4 Sheffield United (FA Cup 1st round)
Maguire 2, Baxter, Flynn

Yeovil Town 0-3 Sheffield United
Baxter 2, Flynn

Bury 0-2 Sheffield United
Maguire 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Tough choice between Flynn and Maguire. In the end its gone to the centre half Maguire. Adding more goals to his tally through bullet headers. He's an unstoppable force and hope he's going to be at United for years to come.

View attachment 275447

great story mate, just had a read looks like we are both gonna get promotion. Blackman is a great player watched him week in week out when I had a season ticket at Aberdeen my team.

hes great in real life but on this I've not thought much of him. He scored when Baxter was out but he seems to be more of an impact player for me. good luck in yours pal

WASDEN RECIEVES CASH INJECTION

Sheffield United are struggling financially at the moment and Callum Wasden has come in to try recover this. He's working against it at the moment but the board has pumped 110k into the club which will help come January.

View attachment 275668

Also found it quite strange to see the headline below about Landon Donovan up for player of the year