Sheffield United: The City Is Ours

wozzoa1

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS
Danny Wilson steps down after only a week in the job

Danny Wilson sensationally quit Sheffield United after the protests of many Unitedites to get him out of their club today. A huge banner reading 'THE CLUB IS OURS, WE'LL NOT BE RAN BY A PIG!' was held high. This is what he had to say..

Danny Wilson: "My mind wasn't in the right place when I said yes, the fans don't want me here and they've made that very clear. I'm sad to say I have resigned from Sheffield United and wish them and the fans the best"

A statement from the club then read "We will be looking for a replacement straight away, a young, hungry manager is on our shortlist. Once we have drawn one up we will be on the search.

Sheffield United have appointed Sheffield FC manager Callum Wasden. He has succesfully put Sheffield FC in the right path but this oppurtunity was too hard to turn down being a lifelong Blade. The young hungry manager will dive right into the job in the next few days. He will get to know his players and decide what is next for the club.

Callum Wasden- "I'm delighted to be here, I never thought this chance would. I went to the matches with my grandad sat on Shoreham Street. Now the moment's here I'm going to grab it with both hands"

I haven't wrote a story in years but I've got abit of spare time on my hands now and am going to try at this. Tips and advice will be very helpful! update soon..

The city is ours! The city is ours! F**K off United the city is ours! ;)

Good start pal. Will keep an eye out for this even though i support Wednesday :)

It's only gunna be monthly updates and nothing too detailed. UTB ;)

update on tomorrow night, been at the Sheff United match and have a a-level exam tomorrow afternoon so revisingfor that

TRIPLE LOAN SIGNING STRENGTHENS BLADES SQUAD

Sheffield United have completed the season long loans of Danny Rose (Spurs), Darron Gibson (Manchester United) and Greg Cunningham (Manchester City). The Blades are financially strapped so don't have the funds to sign players. This has led the gaffer Callum Wasden to dip into the loan market.

Pre-season
Ferencvaros 1 2 Sheffield United (McDonald Cresswell)
Chengdu Blades 0 0 Sheffield United
Plymouth Argyle 0 1 Sheffield United (Maguire)
Halifax Town 1 5 Sheffield United (Cresswell 3 Evans Rose)
Sheffield United 1
0 Manchester City Reserves (Mendez-Laing)

So a decent pre season with 4 wins, 1 draw and 0 losses. United struggled to cut the wage bill, not managing to sell anyone the squad was looking to stay the same unless some deals could be dealt in August. Now it was time for the opening fixture of the N-Power League One season v Walsall.

View attachment 215494
Sheffield United 2 1 Walsall​

A game where The Blades dominated from the off but just didn't have their shooting boots on. 20 shots but only 6 on target means work needs to be done on the training pitch! Nevertheless a good start to the season, only worry is Ryan Flynn's injury which will keep him out for 6-7 weeks!

Last edited:
Injury News
Sheffield United on loan midfielder Darron Gibson had a serious injury what would mean he had to return to Manchester United. This caused problems for Wasden as he was planning to have Gibson as his centerpoint for his midfield.

Transfers
So with no Gibson Wasden went in search of a player but came to no prevail in the midfield section. But higher up the pitch a deal was struck for a season long loan deal for New Zealand and West Brom striker Chris Wood. This on the other hand saw Ched Evans leave the club after long negotiations to Ipswich Town in a deal worth £500k. Finally Steve Simonsen moved to Blackpool for £400k.

This all helped bring the wage budget down but at what cost? It could lead United to struggle up front and at the back.

View attachment 215692

Sheffield United 5-2 Accrington Stanley (League Cup 1st round)

Sheffield United but in a fantastic attacking performance, goals from Evans, Cresswell and Mendez-Liang romped the Blades to victory. This put united in the hat for the 2nd round.

View attachment 215693

Rochdale 0-0 Sheffield United

Bore draw at Spotland, United will have felt they could and should have won it late on but it wasn't to be. Once again more possession but failed to take their chances.

View attachment 215694

Sheffield United 3-0 Notts County

So impressed with how the lads played. 100% throughout, Ched Evans scored his final goal before his move down south. A screamer from Kevin McDonald finished off a routine home win. Hopefully more of this to come!

View attachment 215695

Bury 1-1 Sheffield United

Poor performance throughout the team. It was even an own goal that got us level. Worst effort since I took over, really need to improve away from home.

View attachment 215696

Sheffield United 2-1 Middlesborough (League cup round 2)

Expected a narrow defeat but it turned into a great win! The boys were really focused and the game brought a first goal for Chris Wood. Danny Rose got the second with a precise finish. Into the 3rd round we go.

View attachment 215697

Sheffield United 2-3 Brentford

Shocking defeat, I couldn't believe how much possession we had but just didn't convert it into clear enough chances. Could've been a draw but Aksalu made a horrific mistake for the 3rd. We'll move on but we can build, a way to find more goals is needed.

View attachment 215698

Sheffield United 3-1 Macclesfield (JPT round 1)

Late show from United but we deserved the win. Dominated from kick off but once again struggled to create clear chances. Seems to be a similar story each game.

Last edited: