zachswfc

Reaction score
View attachment 129929

Irvine leaves!
Sheffield Wednesday have parted company with former boss Alan Irvine as Sheffield Wednesday were relegated to League one after a 2-2 draw with Crystal Palce on the final day of the season in a game they had to win to survie in the Championship.

Howard Wilkinson was presant to a press conferance today along with the club's cheif executive Nick Parker and confirmed that Alan Irvine has left the club on mutal consent. Howard Wilkinson and Nick Parker had this to say "We both want to thank Alan Irvine for his time at this football club but after been relegated the club decided to part company with Alan and he want's to say thankyou and sorry to the fans of this great football club."

Howard Wilkinson and Nick parker left the press room with smiles on there faces.

Worthington to Wednesday.
Nigel Worthington has been chosen the new man to take Sheffield Wednesday back to where the club belong's. At a press Conferance this morning at 11:00 AM
Howard Wilkinson announced that Nigel Worthington is the new manager of the football club. Nigel is a wednesday legend as he played for the club over 338 appreances and scoring 12. Nigel's press conferance went a sucsess.

The Sun: Nigel you are a Wednesday legend was you delighted when Howard approcahed you?

Nigel: Yes i was delighted i almost took over the club in January to replace Brian Laws but i wanted to stay as Northen Ireland manager just a few more months.

The Star: What do you think of this club?

Nigel: I think that they are a massive club im delighted to be hired as manager and just to look around Hillsborough and see this great football club in league 1 it's a real shock. Wednesday have struggled in the last 8 years or so with financial difficulties and i know that Howard and Nick are trying there best for this club to move us on.

Daily Mail: Nighel you said that Wednesday have struggled with money problems so will you be bringing in any new players?

Nigel: Yes im looking at bringing in players but the squad at the minute is fantastic.As i said the club is in massive debt i will only bring in loan players and free transfers and if we do sell any players that money will go straight into the bank to pay off our debts to HMRC.

Nigel: Thank you for you time to come to this press conferance today im glad to be hired and want to wish the best for this club.

View attachment 129944

Nigel Worthington in his press conferance.

This is the last story of yours I shall be approving seeing as all the others have turned out pretty bad.

This is the last story of yours I shall be approving seeing as all the others have turned out pretty bad.

Ikay mate ill stick to this one.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Pre-season.

Sheffield Wednesday 2-3 St Mirren
Happy with the performance today from the lads we thought we nicked a draw but a late winner ruled that out.

Kiddeminster Harriiers 0-5 Sheffield Wednesday
Estatic yes it's a non league side but Nile Ranger was really impressive today.

TNS 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday
Good side TNS are but im delighted with the 2-1 win

Stocksbridge 0- 3 Sheffield Wednesday
Good win but we didnt take all off our chances wich we could have won 7-0 But the keeper for Stocksbridge awesome.

Wrexham 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday
Happy with the win and it looks like im signing 3 fantastic players wich will be revealed soon.

Cheltenham Town 0-3 Sheffield Wednesday
Another fantastic win wich im delighted with and the three new players that ive signed look decent players it all looks good for the future (Signings will be revelead soon)

End of pre-season.

Transfers in
Jonathan Stead (Free Transfer Bristol City)
Jamal Campbell Ryce (Free transfer Bristol City)
Brett Pitmann (Free transfer Bristol City)
Jeremie Aliadiare (Free Transfer)
Shane Lowry (Loan Aston Villa End of Season)
Nile Ranger (Loan Newcastle United End of Season)
Chris Wood (Loan West Brom End of Season)

Transfers Out
None.

View attachment 129980

yeah agreed - use the same font you started with and maybe space out more, good start though KIU

yeah agreed - use the same font you started with and maybe space out more, good start though KIU
Cheers for the advince both of you i will stick to the font i started with and thanks for the comment Richie

Update At 6:00 Pm (UK TIME)

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

August Update!

Nigel Worthingtons views.
We have four easy games i think in August but i am expecting a tough game from all sides.
We play in the League Cup and weve Drawn Accrington Stanley away at the crown ground im hoping that we can advance as far as we can in the League Cup and try and get through to the 3rd round a draw a big side

League Postion at the End of August (Prediction)
2nd

Saturday 7th August

Sheffield Wednesday 0-0 Bristol Rovers

Views: Im Dissapointed buy todays result because we should be winning this game quite comfertably but Bristol Rover made it a tough game for us and if it wasn't for Nicky Weaver we would have lost that game hope things improve.

Tuesday 10th August

Accrington Stanley 1-4 Sheffield Wednesday

Views: Happy with the result today but im just abit worried about the defence we struggled to handle Ryan in the first half but when i brought young Shane Lowry on i thought the teams motivation changed and we looked like a great side.

Saturday 14th August

Peterbrough United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday

Views: Really happy with the victory we knew that this is one of the toughest places to get anything but the three points were delighted with.

Saturday 21st August

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Leyton Orient

Views: We need to be winning by more goals in the upcoming future we had to relay on a defender to get us the three points.

Tuesday 24th August

Wigan Atheltic 4-2 Sheffield Wednesday

Views: A good game today i thought the players gave it a go but we could tell the differance between the 2 sides

Saturday 28th August

Tranmere Rovers 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday

Views: Good Performance but we just need them more goals to come our way and not look nervous in the final minutes

League Position:2nd
League Cup:Out 2nd Round
League Form:DWWW
Cup Form:WL

Transfers:
In
Aaron Wildig (Loan Until End of Season Cardiff City)

Out
Darren Potter (200k Ipswich)

August Views: Im happy with the performances but we need to win by more goals.Im not dissapointed with the League cup as i came up againt a good side and now i want to keep pushing and make Rochdale know that were coming for them

Sorry for the lack of updates!
I Want to apologise about the lack of updates as ive been studying for my exams in the next few weeks so i am now going to bring you 2 month's of updates wich include September and October
Table Prediction 1st:
September Update.

Nigel's views. September is a tough month for us boys as we play all of the top clubs in League one wich include Charlton,Southampton,Plymouth and Brentford
We have also got the 1st round of the Jpt at home to out local rivals Chesterfield at Hillsborough i am hoping for a better month.

Johnstones Paint Trophy

Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 Chesterfield
Neil Mellor (24)
Marcus Tudgay (76)
View attachment 132532

Views. Im happy with the win against our local rivals today as i thought they would come and give us a tough game wich we expected but Chesterfield looked shaky at the back and Neil Mellor and Marcus Tudgay took advantage but im also happy that we have reached the 2nd round of the Johnstones Paint throphy.

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Southampton
Neil Mellor (88)
View attachment 132533

Views: Im happy with the win against one of the best teams in the league wich i expect Southampton to be in the top six come the end of the season.We struggled to brake down Southampton they came with a plan it almost worked but when Neil Mellor got through there was only one place that ball was going and that is was where it went in the back of the net

Plymouth Argyle 0-3 Sheffield Wednesday
Giles Coke (24,34)
Jon Ostemboor (68)
Neil Mellor (88)
View attachment 132538

Views: Im Happy again with the win at a really tough place and to score three goals today really showed the differnace we had a fantastic team performance today and we will hope to carry that on in the next few games

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Charlton Athletic
Darren Purse (62)

OFF: Akpo Sodje (Charlton Athletic
View attachment 132539

Views: What another good win against a fantastic footballing side Phil Parkinson and his staff know how to play attractive football and to win against a team like Charlton put's the icing on the cake.
Brentford 1-2 Sheffield Wednesday
Myles Weston (1) Neil Mellor (28,78)
View attachment 132541

Views: What another good performance we are starting to look like promotion contenders now and to be sitting top of the league is fantastic we hope we can carry on this kind of form.

Sheffield Wednesday 5-0 Notts County
Brett Pitman (3)
Chris Wood (7,28)
Giles Coke (56)
Clinton Morrison (78)
View attachment 132539

Views: Top Performance from the boys in blue today we are really haapy by todays result we go to Hartlepool midwekk and hopefully we can pick up another three points
Hartlepool United 0-3 Sheffield Wednesday
Neil Mellor (8)
Brett Pitman (67,90)
View attachment 132544

Views: Another fine away performance at the end of a great month

End of September.

Npower League one:1st
Johnstones Paint Throphy:In Second Round
League Form:WWWWWW
Cup Form:W
Top Goalscorer(League):Neil Mellor 5
Top Goalscorer(Cup):Neil Mellor and Marcus Tudgay

Views: What a fantastic month played 7 won 7 now we will go into October with a load of confidince but can we keep the form up.I Want to reach the Quater Finals of the Johnstones Paint throphy but we have to beat Walsall to get there at the Banks Stadium

October Update:

Views: I Hope for a really sucsessul month again and hopefully reach the quaters of the Johsntones paint throphy and i want to do that in style as it will be a strong side because i think that competition is winnable and we would all like to have a day out at Wembley on the 4th April

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Carlisle United
Jonathan Stead (87)
View attachment 132545
Views: A poor performance but we still pick up the three points we didn't keep the ball well at all and Carlisle came and made us look nervy on our own ground that will have to change,

Johnstones Paint Throphy

Walsall 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday
Brett Pitman (4,6,55,89)
View attachment 132546

Views:Were in the Quaters a massive congratulations to Brett Pitman aswell on his four goals

Yeovil Town 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday
Neil Mellor (7)
View attachment 132548
Views: The boys are winning like theres no tomorrow everyone is giving 100%

Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 Rochdale
Brett Pitman (7,90)