Surfer_bloke

Reaction score
Hello

First post in awhile now I've finally managed to get FM11, I find myself in a bit of a pickle. After picking up some golden oldies for my save, I am doing ok in the league and with the transfer window open. I am looking to get some young talent that can push on for the rest of the season and help me in the championship next year.

So to the nitty gritty

I have a headdy £880,000 to spend. the date is 1/01/2011 (first season) and expectations from the board is promotion.

any help or pointers would be welcome.

If you need to know my squad let me know and I can post it up

thanks

Dont mind loans I have two atm:

Neil Mellor and Bebe (who loan finishes on the 6th and im hoping he'll rejoin for the rest of the campaign)

shudda got demerit on a free at the beginning of the season, hes brilliant.
other than that just get some loans in from the prem reserves, look around a bit.
if febian brandys still unattached get him!

Think Brandy has been snapped up

My squad atm is

GK
Weaver
DR
Finnan
Ostemabor
Buxton
DL
Spurr
Jones
DC
DeMerit
Beevers
Hinds
MR
Bebe (Loan)
Sedgewick
Teale
Jermain Johnson
ML
Van Den Bergh
MC
Miller
Coke
O'Connor
Kozak
Potter
Mahoto
ST
Mellor (Loan)
Clinton Morrison
Tudgay
Heffernan

Im sure i might of missed some one but im at work atm, I know its a big squad but out of them most have no pace and Miller, O'Connor, Hinds Johnson and Buxton are out of contact in the summer and i dont think they are good enough to help in the championship.

DR - Marvin Esor @ £75,000. Quality young right-back and is good enough for good Championship teams.
MC - Mobi Okoli @ £4,000. Fantastic young anchor-man, and is good enough for a lot of Prem teams. Plays in Norway though, so you must have them loaded.
AMR - Papa Waigo @ Free/Loan. Either will be listed for loan or £0 asking price. He is a quality player, although his stats don't suggest it.
AML - Gai Assulin @ Free/Loan. Either will be listed for loan by his Prem club, or will still be a free agent. Search for him, he is a star.
ST - Chris Wood @ Loan OR Fabio Borini @ Loan. Both are quality young forwards and will do a good job for you.

Good luck! :)

Thanks Pesky...any idea on what clubs they are from? my scouting network is pretty lame limited to the home isles atm

leigh griffiths and i got ahmed soukounha for colchester on a free but that was start of season also derek geary

You see I've only been given some transfer funds all my previous sales were swolled by the board. I've put in a bid for griffiths but i think he'll end up costing to much at the moment or if I can get him be most if not all of the funds I have.

As for Geary hes a ex owl and you know what they say about going back ;)

I think your squad looks pretty decent to be fair. I would exploit the loan system in League One. I managed to get Manchester United as my parent club with my Colchester United game in League One. Here are the players I signed when I was in League One with Colchester. They will do a decent job in League One and some were ok for the Championship. I am now in the Premiership in my 3rd season.

Anyway cut to the chase, here were the players I brought in

Rodrigue Dikaba (RB) - freebie
Demba Toure (AMR) - freebie
Peter Styvar (ST) - freebie
Etienne Esajas (AML) - freebie from Helmond Sport

The players I got in on loan who I thought that made a good impression were Craig Eastmond (DMC) from Arsenal, Martin Kelly (DC/DR) from Liverpool, Corrie Evans (MC) from Manchester United and I managed to get Conor Wickham on loan when he joined Manchester City. Two players I would recommend from Colchester are Marc Tierney (LB) and Anthony Wordsworth (MC, AMC, AML). Good luck and hope that helps.

Brill thanks, Just trying to build for the upcoming championship campaign while I'll got the funds, I'll have a look at these players

are they on a large database?