Sheffield Wednesday team guide (Foss' update)

I3east

Reaction score
I3east's Sheffield Wednesday Guide
Foss' update

thumbnail_55650_0.jpg

.........................................................................................

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club
Chairman: Milan Mandaric [Loves the club]
Estimated Value : £20.5m
League: League One
Media Prediction : 6th
Training facilities : Good
Youth facilities : Average
Stadium Capacity : 39,859

Transfer Budget : £1,000,000 - Playoffs,£1,300,000 - Promotion, £1,400,000 - Winner

.........................................................................................

Goalkeepers

Nicky Weaver (Captain)

Weaver is a very good goalkeeper for this level of football, however at 31 years of age he is getting on. He is capable of playing at this level but if you can get a better keeper (see suggestions) i think you should replace him if you can, but do not sell.

Richard O'Donnell

Richard is a young keeper who has come through the ranks at Hillsborough, he is worth significantly less than Jameson but in my opinion i feel he is the better of the two young keepers so i suggest loaning him out for some first team football.

Aaron Jameson

Aaron is only the tender age of 20 so has time to develop into a good goalkeeper, however if you cash in at the start of the season you can get £200,000 for him that will help you in your search for other targets.

Recommended transfers

German Lux - In
Richard O'Donnell - Out (loan)
Aaron Jameson - Out (200k)

357o6qq.png

Defenders

Rob Jones

You have a very good defender in Jones, at 201cm tall he barely looses out on a header and he scores a few from corners too. He is a solid defender and at 30 years of age has a great influence on the squad. He isn't very fast though so that can cause a few problems when coming up against fast opposing attackers.

Lewis Buxton

Lewis is a good defender in League One, he has good teamwork, is solid but prone to a mistake or two and hardly ever tires. Barnsley almost always show some sort of interest in him, he is worth 90k so its up to you if you want to cash in and find a replacement.

Julian Bennett

Bennett joined the Owls on a free transfer from Nottingham Forest and you can see why The Owls snapped him up. He is a fast attacking left back and is solid. He is quite young as well at the age of 25 so he still has plenty of years ahead to mature and grow as a player. It's a no brainer to start him in the starting 11.

Mark Beevers

Beevers is another player that has come through the ranks at Hillsborough. Plenty of Championship sides show interest in him and you can get a healthy £725k for him so i mostly always sell and find a replacement as it gives you a very good budget from then on .

Mark Reynolds

Very versatile player, can play defence or midfield. He is young at 23 years old and is a good back up player. Not many fans have taken Reynolds to be a good player but i feel if you give him a chance he will grow and become a good first team player and you may also make i tidy profit if you sell after the first season.

Reda Johnson

Reda is a Benin international footballer, his stats aren't great but he is ok as backup to Jones. He is still also young at 22 so has a long career ahead. I suggest you work on his marking as at 10 that is not good enough for a center back at this level and his concentration is also poor.

Jon Otsemobor

Jon is capable of starting ahead of Buxton, he is a very quick attacking right back which i feel you need in this league and he is also experienced in the league from his time at Norwich. If you work on his crossing you could maybe use him as a winger as he is quick and has a good first touch, but it could take a while for him to get used to that position .

Recommended transfers

Mark Beevers - Out (725k)
Matthew Booth - IN (70k)
Stuart Parnaby - In (free)
2jfaxoo.png

Midfielders

Jermaine Johnson

Johnson is getting on a little now at the age of 30. He has 59 international caps under his belt whilst scoring 9 goals for Jamaica. He is a fast skillful midfielder but his finishing lets him down. His stats are poor so it up to you if you want to find a replacement, i normally do.

Daniel Jones

I like Jones, he is very good back up and is still so young. He is a left winger and that's what this squad needs more than anything. He is fast and skillful and has a good cross on him. If you can get an experienced winger in to tutor him i feel you could have a very good player here.

Chris Sedgewick

I don't feel Chris has much to give to the squad so i normally release him as no one wants to buy him.

James O'Connor

James is another player i look to get rid of. I normally keep him as a ball winning midfielder but since the arrival of Semedo i find him surplus to requirements.

Jose Semedo

Jose is a strong Portuguese ball winning midfielder. Charlton's player of the year joined the Owls on a free and is a very key player. He works non stop and adds the odd goal or two. He barely tires and will give 100% every game he is picked in. His contract expires at the end of the first season so i would offer him a new one straight away.

David Prutton

Gypo! Gypo! Prutton is a good League One midfielder with 25 England youth caps to his name you'd of thought he'd be playing in a higher league right ? He can be played as a ball winning midfielder or a deep lying play maker, I like his style of play in the game, direct passing and gets quite a few assists!

Giles Coke

Coke can play Left midfield or central midfield and is a good backup player, he is good at dribbling and passing so whenever i chose to play him i played him as a deep lying play maker as i think the role suits him well. Do not sell unless you find a very very good replacement.

Liam Palmer

Liam i am still yet undecided on. He seems a very good prospect so i normally send him on loan.

Recommended Transfers

James O'Connor - out (60k)
Liam Palmer -out (loan)
Tijani Belaid - In (free)
Delron Buckley - In (free)
Adam Barton (Preston) - In (575k)
Chris Sedgewick - Out (release)

1079hl1.png

Strikers

Gary Madine

Gary Madine is a young target man type of player who has a magnificent future ahead of him. He is only 19 so is still learning the game but is nearly worth £1m already. He links well with fast nippy strikers and i normally bring in a old experienced player in to tutor him.

Clinton Morrison

Clinton is a real player at this level, he has pride and compassion at whatever club he's at and he gets the crowds going. He will score plenty at this level for you but he is getting on and as you only have 3 professional strikers i look at bringing in one or two young fresh strikers in.

Nathan Modest

I dont feel he is good enough for the team and if you offer to clubs you normally get an offer or two but the fans seem to think he has a future at the club and he has a 3 star potential (i think) so i personally sold him and looked for a replacement

Recommended Transfers

Nathan Modest - Out (160k)
Julio Cruz - In (free)
Bernardo Corradi - In (free)
Leigh Griffiths - In (6month loan)
Sergio Araujo - (SL loan)

30m4ppv.png

Staff

Some of the staff at Hillsborough are naff, so i normally release quite a few and get better replacements. These are the changes i normally make;

In - German Burgos, Tony Coton, Tosh Farrell, Steve Whitehall, Chris Malkin, Bobby Roberts
Out - Chris Evans, Mark Palmer, Terry Valentine, Paul Smith, Alan Smith, Ashley Fickling, Neil Thompson

2j3qmuh.png

Hope it's good enough for you wanting to start as the mighty Owls ;) Good luck. I3east.

Last edited: