UTO2012

Reaction score
just a quick guide for anyone starting a game with sheffield wednesday based on what i have done in my game.

remove the deadwood from the squad e.g. James O' connor, Chris Sedgwick, Daniel Jones and Jon Otsemebor either drop them to the reserves or sell them if possible.

bringing players in took a few times for me to get right, spent about 5-6 goes on the demo playing half seasons to see how my teams gels and improves together, i start by bringing in Marlon Harewood initial fee of 150k with 50k after promotion either play as a poacher or complete forward (just as effective either way), Johnnie Jackson initial fee 200k then after 48 months another 200k (very good playmaker and winger). then boulster the squad with a couple of good loan signings e.g. James Tavernier, Andros Townsend, Ben Gordon all make more then capable league 1 player and i find in the case of tavernier and gordon are better than what you already have in buxton, bennet and reynolds. i also find that if injury's affect your squad mid way through the season on the wings Andrea Orlandi is very capable cover especially on the left wing epecially.

after all the changes to the squad my 1st team looks like this

GK - Nicky Weaver

RB - James Tavernier
CB - Rob Jones
CB - Reda Johnson
LB - Ben Gordon

RM - Ben Marshall (Winger attack)
CM - Liam Palmer (Advanced playmaker)
CM - Jose Semedo (Ball winning midfielder)
LM - Johnnie Jackson (Winger attack)

CF - Gary Madine (Deep lying forward support)
CF - Marlon Harewood (poacher/complete forward attack)

S1 - Lewis Buxton
S2 - Jermaine Johnson
S3 - Andros townsend
S4 - David Prutton
S5 - Clinton Morrison

clear at the top on the 1st of january by 6 points.

Good going that mate. Its a shame that as a fellow Owl I just can't seem to get into playing this years FM with the MASSIVE Owls - think the fact that my first career on every FM / CM going back to CM3 was with Wednesday means I have kind of "burnt out" playing them. :(

i got this on fm07 and up until 2011 i didn't manage wednesday until i had played a few other games like start with a BSP team and take them as far as i can or just glory hunt with a big team, but started managing wednesday from the start again on fm11 and tbh i was glad of the break and this one is probably the best one yet to manage the massive owls on imo.

Looks good.
Im currently managing an Australian club, in my second season. Will be trying to get up to the EPL. Weather it takes 30 years, or even 20, i will get tthere eventually. YES, im committed :p.

If i manage to get there, i might get an offer from Sheff Wed. Will be taking these signings into consideration. But by then, god knows where they will be.

Some good suggestions there mate. However I would always choose Orlandi over Jackson as left winger. Managing Charlton atm and Orlandi was in League 1 team of the year and had about the 4th or 5th most assists in the division. Play him as an attacking winger set to move into channels and you're in business.

As for Jackson I've always thought he's a shadow of the player he is IRL on FM. However may just be me not playing to his strengths. Also good suggestion RE Harewood. Picked him up on a free with about 3 months of the season left and he scored some vital goals. He's very versatile as well. I've fielded him as an inside forward in AMR position, as well as DLF, Complete forward, adv forward and poacher and he's always done a job.

jackson has worked wonders for me on the wing and orlandi i think ive never seen him as a starter because i have always brought him in in january to cover an injured player. and yeah Harewood is a very good player and can cut it in the championship because i've seen on a few of the trial games on the demo i did that he signed for a champ team and scored consistantly.