Sherlock

Joel`

Reaction score
Anyone else been watching this superb series? The whole second series has been excellent throughout, and last night's finale was brilliant. Cumberbatch and Freeman are sublime as Holmes and Watson.

Yah, i have it has been amazing.

Although not too sure how he survived the fall, or how everyone thinks he is dead? can you explain it? My dad thinks he threw Morriati of the building

Last edited by a moderator:
A popular theory is that Sherlock got Molly (She works in a morgue, he told he thought he was going to die etc.) to get a body double for him. He got Watson to stand at an angle so he couldn't see what happens, Molly plants the body double and Sherlock falls into the truck and drives away. Watson gets hit by the biker so is dazed and can't properly identify the body at the time. But that theory doesn't really explain how the double would make it through an autopsy (What are the chances of someone looking like Sherlock AND having a cause of death of falling from a large height, and someone would have to identify the body properly in the morgue. I imagine it will be more complicated and less cliche than that, don't want to wait a year to find out! :(

That does add up mostly but your right about the morgue part, :/ I thought the part where he says to sherlock that he and sherlock are the same, he put a lot of emphasis on it, I thought that it was a clue, possibly, for sherlock that dna and the rest may add up? far fethched mind, but same i dont wanna wait a year, and i hope that the series has more episodes just because they are so GOOD.

Loved it, watched every single one since it started. Looking forward to see if Moriarty comes back (Although - The Final Problem (The book, that the episode was based off) has Moriarty appear to kill the both of them, only for Sherlock to be alive - we've seen that. Still like to see Moriarty come back. Loved Andrew Scott's character, the perfect anti-Sherlock) and I'm also looking forward to seeing what Gatiss thinks of. Hopefully better than his current DW attempts.

It's impossible for the DNA to be the same. If it was Moriaty that got thrown off, why did all the papers report it as Sherlock being dead? The baskerville gas could have made Watson hallucinate to see what he wanted to see, making him see the body on the floor later as Sherlock's, and then someone could just dose him again at the morgue to identify the body as Sherlock. If Moriaty was thrown off, they'd notice the massive gunshot wound, though.

Loved it, watched every single one since it started. Looking forward to see if Moriarty comes back (Although - The Final Problem (The book, that the episode was based off) has Moriarty appear to kill the both of them, only for Sherlock to be alive - we've seen that. Still like to see Moriarty come back. Loved Andrew Scott's character, the perfect anti-Sherlock) and I'm also looking forward to seeing what Gatiss thinks of. Hopefully better than his current DW attempts.

I liked the angle of using Sherlock's own vanity as his downfall, and it was fitting that Moriarty executed his plan so perfectly that the only way for him to achieve it was through his own death (To supposedly cause Sherlock's) - the most extreme deadlock between the two minds.

Yeah, loved the second series. Downloading the first series now as I missed it when it was on TV.. Looking forward to series 3 but honestly can't see it going much further then that.. Cumberbatch and Freeman are probably in high demand after the success of Sherlock.

I hate the Sherlock ( the actor). He looks like underage cocaine sniffer. But series are great. Watched first two episodes and I can't wait for third.

I hate the Sherlock ( the actor). He looks like underage cocaine sniffer. But series are great. Watched first two episodes and I can't wait for third.

You hate him because of his looks?... WTF is wrong with you, I highly doubt you are perfect. Jeez.

What a character looks like has a big effect on how they play a character.

sherlock_holmes.jpg
\
This is how Holmes supposed to look :)

A popular theory is that Sherlock got Molly (She works in a morgue, he told he thought he was going to die etc.) to get a body double for him. He got Watson to stand at an angle so he couldn't see what happens, Molly plants the body double and Sherlock falls into the truck and drives away. Watson gets hit by the biker so is dazed and can't properly identify the body at the time. But that theory doesn't really explain how the double would make it through an autopsy (What are the chances of someone looking like Sherlock AND having a cause of death of falling from a large height, and someone would have to identify the body properly in the morgue. I imagine it will be more complicated and less cliche than that, don't want to wait a year to find out! :(

It is a great series, nice to have some decent TV on the BBC again, alongside Luther. Just a shame they make the series so short for both.

I'm sure Mycroft could help ease that side of things.

As for his appearance, I find Cumberbatch/Freeman to look far more how I'd expect Holmes/Watson to look, compared to Downey/Law, who look too 'Hollywood'.

It is a great series, nice to have some decent TV on the BBC again, alongside Luther. Just a shame they make the series so short for both.

I'm sure Mycroft could help ease that side of things.

As for his appearance, I find Cumberbatch/Freeman to look far more how I'd expect Holmes/Watson to look, compared to Downey/Law, who look too 'Hollywood'.

How did the assassin not see the body plant?

But that theory doesn't really explain how the double would make it through an autopsy (What are the chances of someone looking like Sherlock AND having a cause of death of falling from a large height, and someone would have to identify the body properly in the morgue. I imagine it will be more complicated and less cliche than that, don't want to wait a year to find out! :(

You basically explained it in the first sentence. Molly works in the morgue. She would of done the autopsy, or falsified the report, and she could easily of identify the body at the morgue aswell. Sherlock could of even helped seeing as he was still alive anyways.

How did the assassin not see the body plant?
Assassin was watching for Watson's reaction not Sherlock.

Also, Spoilers central right here XD

You basically explained it in the first sentence. Molly works in the morgue. She would of done the autopsy, or falsified the report, and she could easily of identify the body at the morgue aswell. Sherlock could of even helped seeing as he was still alive anyways.

Assassin was watching for Watson's reaction not Sherlock.

Also, Spoilers central right here XD

He'd have to be watching Sherlock to see that he was killing himself. It seems far too cliche for such a clever series.

He'd have to be watching Sherlock to see that he was killing himself. It seems far too cliche for such a clever series.

Well yeah, he watched him jump, might not have been able to see him actually land, but his attention was then on Watson to see how he reacted at that point. If Watson reacted like it was nothing, then he would of known something was up. Just a theory so meh. We'll find out it's more exciting next series.

There's more details in series, that's why they are usually better. Until they overuse some character.