Shoot with power to high composure strikers

Tsakis

Reaction score
I have a striker who has a more than decent composure(16) and I wanted to Teach him to places shots. The problem is that he is willing to Lerner only the shots with power ppm...(he have a really high strength too 17 or 18)

The question is, teach shot with power or leave hi with no shooting ppms? Do you think he will score more with the shooting with power or he will waste his composure? I think that let him without ppms will give him the freedom to chose the best form of shooting in each case(decisions is also something like 15-16) but I am not sure..

Ps: he has curls ball and shot from distance ppms as well....
Ps2: he also has really good long shots (17-18) and not great finishing (13)

Any help welcome, cheers!

Last edited:
whats his technique? You need good technique to be able to hit power shots accurately.

Assuming since he has curls ball he probably has high technique.

With those two other ppms, power shots will make him very deadly. Fast, long range curling shots...watch out

He has decent tech too 15 that raises to 16 I think...

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

My big fear is that he might blast them towards the keeper.. This is good if a player has poor composure since he has no clean mind to place a shot, but I. His case I am afraid that I taking his composure out of play...

Well the curling will really help him keep it from going right at the keeper.

I've got a superstar striker regen on my side with places shots and he still hits it at keeper sometimes, it just happens.

But when he gets within a few yards of goal, the power shots will tear a hole in the net, possibly even the keeper if he doesn't have 20 handling and 20 reflexes.

I think 'places shots' is onely useful with high finishing
I'd be tempted to go with 'shoots with power'

do you play him as a poacher or deep lying forward or what?

I think 'places shots' is onely useful with high finishing
I'd be tempted to go with 'shoots with power'

do you play him as a poacher or deep lying forward or what?

It would be best for a DL forward, but a poacher will still find opportunities

Actually I play him as a complete forward.. He is an all rounder ( it is a very well known mc/Dm retrained as striker)..

Honestly, I'd take what the player will give me. If he doesn't want to learn placing shots, he either won't try to learn it, or will fail learning it.

The question is not between place and power shots (unfortunately can not teach him place), is beetween teach him power shots or nothing..

The question is not between place and power shots (unfortunately can not teach him place), is beetween teach him power shots or nothing..

I say teach him, I've had a similar dilemma with the striker I mentioned earlier.

The other two PPMs really seal the deal, they won't be as effective without power shots.

who is this? Hulk? shoots with power would be a perfect addition to his repertiore:)

Hehe raikan this is also one of my infamous retrains...

I am conducting some experiments to post an Absolute guide to retraining ( recommendations, tudoring and training tips etc).. This is going pretty well although I need an editor to be sustain for some of my results (The thing is that I don't want to dl an editor while having an active game with my friends..)

The reason I am willing to make this work the better possible is that in the net epl game I am playing as arsenal dzeko is playing **** for me.. Absolutely inconsistent.. I have no money since I am struggling to keep my books right (a lot of instalments and red numbers in finances) so an other striker is not an option except if I can exange him with dzeko(I doubt I have money for a new contract with a star player though)

So, I have the subject player in my team as a backup and I thought I should give him a try as a striker, checking him in the save I used to check ramsey's compatibility with rb position (I know Every save is different but I wanted to see if it works statwise)..

He is... MOUSSA SISSOKO!!^^)

dont lol, people have retrained Peter Crouch to a Central Defender, I have retrained Eren Derdiyok to a Cb as well in Fm10 for Leverkusen last year :)

you can pretty much retrain any player... some just take longer than others due to their hidden attributes :)

F**** GREAT! This guy.. Unbelivable!! I actually got him as a backup MC to retrain him as a RB(his stats are immense for RB but he had no training with this position plus I am now more in need of a striker right now...

I cant really say how he could do in other teams but in arsenal is banging them even at the start with finishing 12!! Though here I have some great tudoring force thanks to his natural MC position..

You the same guy who retrained Ramsey as a right back? Who is your best retrained player to date then?

Shoot with power would probably be for long range. It's depending on his tecnique. Power fails in one on one situations as I've seen with RVP.

You the same guy who retrained Ramsey as a right back? Who is your best retrained player to date then?

Indeed I am... Judging from personal experience and stats none of the two.. The winner is fellaini as a cb, the reason why I got addicted to retraining! He is a beast In The air, has great mental stats and immense at oppositions area from set pieces ( the combination of str, heading jumping positioning and of the ball he has is godlike)..

Ramsey and sissoko are just tests on forwarded saves to unlock the mysteries of retraining ( i will release the results to the community shortly) and help me with an other save I play with some friends... Judging solely on attributes though it must be Sissoko.. In the forwarded save Barcelona got him but used his again as a mid( he lost the natural striker pos) but his stats are by far the best I ve seen for a complete forward save regens....UNBELIVABLE...

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Shoot with power would probably be for long range. It's depending on his tecnique. Power fails in one on one situations as I've seen with RVP.

Those are my fears as well...

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:10 PM ----------

Update with a screenie of how good sissoko can be as a striker and how he can perform with shoots with power ppm..

Sadly Barca sined him in this holidayed save and stopped playing him as a striker so his natural possition is lost and we dont have a lot of seasons to see his goalscoring ability.. Actually I guess that they AI him as a striker only at 2013-2014 season when he was a natural Striker.. He left arsenal as a legend though...

moussasissokoprofileatt.png

By tsakis83 at 2011-02-23

moussasissokoprofilepos.png

moussasissokohistorycar.png

shooting with power PPM is obviously useless for strikers. in my spurs save, i played with defoe(poacher) and he has low str (8-10 i cant remember) and he makes me mad always when he plays. i know he earned more than 30 goals every year but watching my striker missing incredible positions in match is annoying. after all i sold him.(i always sell players who is 28 or older, and because of shot with power)

then i signed hulk who i really enjoy watching in real life and admire in fm series. ok he scored +40 goals in first year. but he looks same as defoe. maybe worse than him. he nearly shoots every ball with power when he is 1 on 1. i dont care if he scores or not(%40 accurate when he is 1 on 1 i guess) i think he is in last year in my spurs team, because i got babacar, neymar and 2 legendary regens in my setup.

i prefer shooting with power ppm's only for midfielders or defenders. but i am sure your player is only suitable for shooting with power the go for it and see results.