Status
Not open for further replies.

Prottey

Reaction score
I dunno where to put this, so here we go.
My players shooting accuracy is shocking, they always either blast it at the keeper or put it well wide, my striker is kadlec and he misses a lot he should be scoring.

anyone got any tips or training advice?
please?
thanks.

This is usually because of low finishing or composure.

As far as training goes, making sure you have strikers on well adjusted schedules is very important, so they can improve where it matters most.

Also, you can ask them to learn moves like placing the ball and lobbing the keeper, and possibly unlearn shooting with power.

is unlearn the same place as learning moves?

Yup, it should be in the same place, but a negation of the move, like 'stop shooting with power'.

But does he actually have that PPM? I absolutely hate that in a striker. I'm a fan of technique. :D

to be honest I think all the horrendous shooting accuracy is a bug. My strikers with something like 17 finishing always blast the ball at the keeper in a 1 on 1 situation... i score like 1 in 8 1 v 1 situation

its not a bug, and kadlec isn't a very god finisher at the start, lacking creativity composure and decision making, lower your tempo to give your strikers more time

to be honest I think all the horrendous shooting accuracy is a bug. My strikers with something like 17 finishing always blast the ball at the keeper in a 1 on 1 situation... i score like 1 in 8 1 v 1 situation

Well I get a lot of those, too, but to be honest, I've always taken it more of a ME problem than the simulation in general. I think it's supposed to be the goalie catching it, at least with a stretch, but it's just not there for us to see it.

I feel this is backed up by how the penalties look. The goalie barely makes an effort to get to them even if the shot is right by him...

happens all the time ...even with top class striker ..but usually striker with "places shots" is better in 1 on 1 situation

I'm also getting increasingly frustrated over this. I average 20-25 shots on goal every match, regardless of opposition, but gets only 5-7 shots on target. I've tried focused training on Finishing, slowing tempo by a couple of notches, and lower all my midfield and attack players' Long shots to Rare, but still this goes on.

Does changing shooting coaches help? Or will it get worse?

I'm also getting increasingly frustrated over this. I average 20-25 shots on goal every match, regardless of opposition, but gets only 5-7 shots on target. I've tried focused training on Finishing, slowing tempo by a couple of notches, and lower all my midfield and attack players' Long shots to Rare, but still this goes on.

Does changing shooting coaches help? Or will it get worse?

i have the same problem... i'm currently barcelona, with villa, bojan and kadlec as my three strikers, but had the same problem in previous saves with man city and chelsea... and it's not just the strikers, practically anyone who gets forward and takes shots manages to get nearly 70% off-target... indeed, in my chelsea save, i had centre-backs as my leading scorers, and my strikers had only scored three between them!!! :(

are there any other means to get the players to increase their shot accuracy?

btw, "shooting" does not show up as an attribute category on coaches' profiles... is it embedded in the "attacking" coaching attribute?

how about setting your strikers indiviual instruction to "long shots rarely", works for me to increase their accuracy

Yup, it should be in the same place, but a negation of the move, like 'stop shooting with power'.

But does he actually have that PPM? I absolutely hate that in a striker. I'm a fan of technique. :D

ya i did, i ask my striker stop shooting with power but my striker reject and angry. what should i do? can i keep asking day by day to ask my striker stop shooting with power?//

shooting with power is not that terrible. It's good for strikers with good finishing but poor composure. Wayne Rooney and Defoe have that in their PPM list and they score a lot;)

how about setting your strikers indiviual instruction to "long shots rarely", works for me to increase their accuracy

i already tried that... plus, my players don't really try that many long shots, it's just that they seem to be trying too many shots and end up getting very few on target...

shooting with power is not that terrible. It's good for strikers with good finishing but poor composure. Wayne Rooney and Defoe have that in their PPM list and they score a lot;)

almost all my attacking players (my AMCs, wingers and strikers), except kadlec, have composure ratings of at least 12, and most have good finishing stats, too... and yet, in front of goal, they always seem to mess up... i mean, villa and messi are proven goalscorers, right? and yet, they always seem to get at least half their shots off target, nearly every game... what else could i do to improve this statistic??? :( i'm desperate, here...

Last edited:
It's a bug. When world class players who have very high scores, have great morale etc etc cannot score to save themselves (multiple quality strikers not just one out of form)... it's a bug. SI have dropped the ball on the most important aspect of the game imo. Loads of threads on this...

It's a bug. When world class players who have very high scores, have great morale etc etc cannot score to save themselves (multiple quality strikers not just one out of form)... it's a bug. SI have dropped the ball on the most important aspect of the game imo. Loads of threads on this...
and no its not a bug. stop calling things bugs when they are not. Otherwise it would be affecting everyone in thier games the exact same way

Indeed, this 'problem' is often highlighted by users who look at the games mechanics as gospel, coupled with the CCC stat which is not produced IRL.

Have a look at my posts in this thread: [URL="http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/clear-cut-chances-t54246.html"]http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/clear-cut-chances-t54246.html[/URL]

Lost track of the number of times i post this.

These 'issues' never arose until the 2d and 3d match engines came into the game.

Please stop crying 'bug' and have a look at your own tactics.

See my post in the thread i have linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.