stephen1974

Reaction score
Hi all,

Only just got round to buying fm2012 so i'm working out whats good and whats not and there are two shooting issues that are bugging me.

1. Players right in front of goal, shoot the balls, and hits the corner flag, why the **** do my players shoot so wide all the time. Im not even sure its physically possible to shoot the ball at such angles they miss at. I can get 20 shots in a game and only 2 or 3 will be on target.

2. Everyone wants to be like Frank. My players have a serious frank lampard problem and are constantly shooting from 20, 30 yards out.

These both happen regardless of what team I play with.

This happens with any team? give some names.
And:
1 you probably have bad strikers ( weak composure, finishing, concentration, even technique). I never had such problems managing strong teams. Try lowering your tempo ( maybe creativity too so they play simple and more careful).
2 if players abuse the longshots, set it to rarely and if needed reduce their creativity ( the creativity slider, if lowered, makes they obey the tactic).

If you still have issues, tell us what tactic you have.

Teams include
Arsenal, Chelsea, Watford, Shrewsbury, MK Dons. Its the same for every team.

Tactics vary but i've had most success with a 4-3-3 system.

for problem nr 1 you can also teach the problematic player "avoid using weaker foot" ppm and there should be something similar for longshots.