bailey16

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is finding shooting in fm18 really bad. I am playing with Man Utd and it doesn't matter what I do my players just cannot hit the target even players with really high finishing and long shots they just go closer to the corner flag. in my last match I had 20 shots at goal and only 1 on target is anyone else having the same problem or is it just something I'm doing wrong?

Not as bad as 20 and 1 on target but I'm pretty sure the main commentary bit I see is 'how has he missed that' it's terrible how many easy chances they miss

Its dreadful I'm almost at the point were I don't want to play the game as I'm not enjoying it the shooting is so unrealistic its laughable Pogba with 17 rating long shots hits the corner flag every shot Lukaku 19 finishing puts every shot wide or over from inside the box I could go on but you see the point I'm making lol

cant get over how bad it is along with the finishing

commentary bit I see is 'how has he missed that'

That's because SI has done the commentary realistic to what TV commentarist do: massively overestimate the chances of very hard to impossible shots just because they're made very close to the goal, even when the goalkeeper starts from being on top of the ball and giving no angle linking ball to net; while at the same time considering easy saves those preventing the shots that often are what actually should be more likely scored.

If you read Spanish, I recommend this blog post by a professional futsal keeper coach (and former futsal keeper): Bipancho y el mundo. : GEOMETRÍA PARA IMPEDIR EL GOL

I've made an image showing what they tend to call must score. It's an image within a white frame of what is seen from the ball position, in red the net (that is the way to score) in green the body of the goalkeeper:

View attachment 76037