danius

Reaction score
I am having an issue lately with short goal kicks. I don't know if it's worse all of the sudden, or I am just now noticing how often it happens, due to the fact that my defense has been rock solid this season (17 goals in 26 matches). Almost half my goals (8 of 17) have been a direct result of a goal kick that didn't make it beyond my defensive line (or barely did so), got headed forward by an opposition striker, and led to a break. My defensive line is pretty high (maybe 10 yards short of midfield), but I have it set to default, so that shouldn't be the problem. I looked to see if my goalkeeper's kicking skill is low (even though he regularly bombs one to near the opposition penalty area), and it's 14, but looking at my backup keeper, his is 17, and he's had a bigger problem with it (4 short-kick goals in 10 matches vs. 4 in 16 for my starter). I have instructions set to "Take Quick Throws" and "Pass It Shorter". Has anyone had the same issue, and figured it out?

Yeah do what Luciano said. My keeper always passes it short and then builds the play up the pitch.

If you like to use long kicks, set your D-line to deeper, so you don't get caught in the back.

The best option is also what Luciano said, but use both.

Distribute to Defenders doesn't work, I've already tried that. The goalkeeper won't distribute to defenders on a dead ball, only when he's claimed a live ball. I could set my defense deeper, but that's just stupid that I have to screw up my tactics to fix something that shouldn't happen in the first place.

Hmmm. Here are my team instructions:

490188d1391775247-misery-mersyside-tac2.png

Using these instructions gets my keeper to pass it to the defenders every time. It could be either of the shorter passing or much deeper defensive if the keepers player instruction distribute the ball to the defenders isn't working for you.

what i would recommend is have it set to pass to ur lb or rb its best way of distributing and launching attacks

Distribute to Defenders doesn't work, I've already tried that. The goalkeeper won't distribute to defenders on a dead ball, only when he's claimed a live ball. I could set my defense deeper, but that's just stupid that I have to screw up my tactics to fix something that shouldn't happen in the first place.

Try short passing, defensive mentality, pass to defenders and remove "Take Quick Throws".

You don't have the right instructions, that's all.

And you don't have to screw the tactics, they are already screwed, since the player don't do what you want :p

Hmmm. Here are my team instructions:

490188d1391775247-misery-mersyside-tac2.png

Using these instructions gets my keeper to pass it to the defenders every time. It could be either of the shorter passing or much deeper defensive if the keepers player instruction distribute the ball to the defenders isn't working for you.

Yes, Tezzz, but you have "Much Deeper Defensive Line" which means your defensive line never pushes up at all, which leaves a lot of space for the opposition to play in. I'd rather play even a higher line than usual, because my centerbacks are crazy fast, but there are too many problems with that.

way too many instructions as well need to keep it simple 2-4 instructions at the most you just dont have a style of play if you have too many instructions

Does your keeper have an option to Pass It Shorter along with Distribute To Defenders?