Short passing tactic, successful with various teams - SunderlandDanny

SunderlandDanny1973

Just One Forum Please
Reaction score
This is a tactic I want to share with people as I feel I have stumbled upon a winner. I uploaded these tactics a few days ago on the site so some people may have already seen this tactic or even be using it.

Basically I have always wanted my team to play good attacking football with nice passing and of course goals. This tactic has been in the making and now I feel it is at its peak. I have achieved success with various differnet clubs and nations, the most recent and best feat winning the 2014 World Cup with Denmark with Bendnter getting 13 goals at the tournament .

This coupled with the success of transforming Boro from relegation team to a Champions League team in less than a season. Other teams this has been successful with are Leicester, Poland, Espanyol, MK Dons, Sunderland, Bolton and Hearts.

The two links are two seperate tactics the first is the first version used with Romanin team U . Cravicoa and my success their was unrivalled winning the domestic league and having success in Europe. This tactic is for more teams who do not have outstanding players but who work well together as a team. The second link is for the second version of the tactic and has been used as stated above for various different team with success.

The tactic is described more in the links below but any questions are welcomed.

EDIT TO TACTICS -

I have found that in version two of the tactic if you get a message from your assistant saying that there is a gap between the midfield and the strikers, that by moving the slider on the wingers in 'Advancded' tactics from normal to the very first attacking point will help remove this error.

Also FYI the left back is set to a wing back and the right back a full back if you wish to have a balanced team you can set them both to the same. Also the use of OP are entirley up to you have I seen no postive or negative effect on the tactics when using OPs and when not using them

When against weaker opposion or teams you feel you old a techinal advantage over you can switch pressing to press more rather than stand off as you will pressuirse them into mistakes. The stand off pressing tends to work well against the bigger teams

So please download the tactic and share on the thread how it works or doesnt would really like to see how well it works with even more teams. Thank You.

VERSION ONE - MID-TABLE TEAMS USING A TARGET MAN
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2986

VERSION TWO- VARIOUS TEAMS USING A PLAYMAKER
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2987

Last edited:
I know u won but screenshot shows brazil played better

I just saying IMO that screenie could put people off using it , i would add a few others

Well what I really want is people to post up their experiences with the tactic. And yes maybe but at the end of the day I beat Brazil

Last edited:
ignore the brazil comment... it's very difficult to play better than brazil and you'll need more than one tactic to achieve that feat, but if you beat them and won the whole thing..that is a different story..gd work on the tactic mate :)

Im going to have a look later the real test will be a blue spaure team or some **** team like that...... Good job mate and i will let you know how i get on in 10 games time

Im going to have a look later the real test will be a blue spaure team or some **** team like that...... Good job mate and i will let you know how i get on in 10 games time

Yeah definitley I used it in my South Sheilds game for few games at BSP level worked well but i had Kris' Ancelloti tactic which suited my team better

Just a few more screenshots to sell the tactic guys :p

View attachment 94370

View attachment 94371

View attachment 94372

Now the Sunderland one may not be so great but they did go on to win the league and any win away from against the League Champions is a good win

I know u won but screenshot shows brazil played better
Just because they have more shots, possession, whatever doesn't mean they played better. Whoever won deserves to win and played better. It just shows that Brazil likes to keep the ball and his goalkeeper is very good.

ignore the brazil comment... it's very difficult to play better than brazil and you'll need more than one tactic to achieve that feat, but if you beat them and won the whole thing..that is a different story..gd work on the tactic mate :)
Yeah, I agree on that! I lost 4-2 to Brazil with England after I was 2-0 up at half time!
May test this out mate, some very good results there!

Right here is my first game using the tactic which was very successful, shame about my strikers chance to conversion rate :p

Won't update for while because I've now got to make transfers and **** for new season :)

Most dominant I've been in a game all season though, I may change the way you've set up your corner though.

picture.php

picture.php

Right here is my first game using the tactic which was very successful, shame about my strikers chance to conversion rate :p

Won't update for while because I've now got to make transfers and **** for new season :)

Most dominant I've been in a game all season though, I may change the way you've set up your corner though.

picture.php

picture.php

Nice first game mate thanks for screenie :).

Yeah chance to conversion rate can be frustraing but better they miss them thna not create them.

And yeah all the set piece instructions are up for change to how you like them that is just my preference for corners and free kicks