xCeeTee

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is in the right thread, but my players have absolutely awful shot accuracy! Last game, they took 27 shots and only hit 9. My lone striker is Emenike, he has good composure and finishing so it's not that, my shooting coaches are 4 1/2 star, so it's not that? I have Emenike on a Poacher training schedule, and the rest of my team on the schedule for their position they normally play. I am playing as Swansea at the moment, and I used this tactic with Southend, I see an immediate effect on the play when used correctly, I do use the Work Ball Into Box and Get Ball Forward shouts if that makes a difference? Both teams have been consistent with the tactics, and although against the big teams they still get more shots out and more possession, just they score less. My Southend team lost 2-1 vs City in my second season which I was in League 1, we had more possession and shots than them. This is a massive problem for me, because if we could get maybe 21/27 shots on target, then we would be a deadly team.

ae19a020b4486831a37450195ba7b1d6.png

Long shots will be included. Only players with high attributes in long shots and technique should be allowed to try long shots, and then only one or two players maximum.

Reducing the number of players trying long shots should help force your team to work the ball into the box, where your chances of scoring should improve.

Okay, thank you I will try to reduce the numbers but I don't see many shots from outside? I usually see ones from the edge of the box go wide or get blocked if anything - the most of my goals are well placed shots or scrambles on the line really :/

The most common reason to seing a low on target accuracy is when you face opponents playing deep and compact ( flooding the Center of the park and the area jut outside the box, without you being able to stretch their defence and drag them out of position out wide.

Have a look at all these shoots using the analysing tool. From where are they taken and is that space crowded and is the player taking the shot lacking passing options, lacking teammates moving from deep around him?

The best way here is to use the flanks more and make sure that you have enough players moving between the lines, i.e some players dropping deep, some making runs from deep down the field.

The most common reason to seing a low on target accuracy is when you face opponents playing deep and compact ( flooding the Center of the park and the area jut outside the box, without you being able to stretch their defence and drag them out of position out wide.

Have a look at all these shoots using the analysing tool. From where are they taken and is that space crowded and is the player taking the shot lacking passing options, lacking teammates moving from deep around him?

The best way here is to use the flanks more and make sure that you have enough players moving between the lines, i.e some players dropping deep, some making runs from deep down the field.

Thank you very much, I'll do that straight away! I'm using the Full On Attack 13-2 tactic, and it proved wonders for me with Southend United, and it's doing amazing here but at both times I saw the lack of shot accuracy!

-Right, I've just analysed the shots from my last match, about half of the shots that were block were on target regardless, there were 6 blocked. Exactly 1 half of the missed shots had a passing opportunity, and the ones that were widely missed either were one-on-one and scuffed the shot up badly (Which I guess will be down to composure) was a header from a free-kick or was a long shot. Long shots were only taken by Angel Rangel, so I'll take that away from his preferred moves list. Others that were slightly missed usually had a passing opportunity but, I'd say given the player's stats who shot, they should be scoring from where they shot from. If you have any suggestions now, it would be massively appreciated, but for the time being I know how to sort out some of this crisis.

If you haven't tried it, use the pass into space instruction so that the players are encouraged to try through passes in the box rather than take a shot.