mamudi

Reaction score
I have a Player who has the most shots, most shots on target, therefore the most shots on target ratio.
The thing is, he doesn't score them enough. My other strikers have less shots etc. but more goals.

His stats are really good 18 fin 18 comp.

I already play a slow tempo
he's got the places shots ppm.

Technique and decisions can also influence finishing, what are they like? The only logical explanation besides that is that wherever is taking his shots from clearly isn't troubling the keepers, are most of them long range/ from tight angles?

Time wasting is medium, mentality is 1 click less than attack, so normal.

Technique = 18
Decisions = 16

He is one of the best strikers in the World ATM.

The thing is he often hits the bar and/or the keeper gets the shots quite easily.
About the tight angles it could be, he is a rightfooted striker playing on the left side of a 3 striker partnership.

But on the other side i have left footed striker playing on the left of a 3 striker partnership and he has no problems at all.

Time wasting is medium, mentality is 1 click less than attack, so normal.

Technique = 18
Decisions = 16

He is one of the best strikers in the World ATM.

The thing is he often hits the bar and/or the keeper gets the shots quite easily.
About the tight angles it could be, he is a rightfooted striker playing on the left side of a 3 striker partnership.

But on the other side i have left footed striker playing on the left of a 3 striker partnership and he has no problems at all.

who is your striker?

usually when people have trouble, it's because the strikers mentality is so high, or time wasting so low that the striker rushes to take any shot at any angle.

But this clearly isn't the case for you.

How old is this striker?

These are my instructions.

I thought about the tight angles stuff and it could be. due the fact he has an AMCL and a STC next to him he has not got much space, that also explaines the reason why he moves wide, to find space.

But i think its better to drop deeper. so changing mentality would be the better option right. I still want the forward runs though.

What about roaming. would that be an option i already have 1 player the AMCL on roaming
any sguggestions?

BTW he is he 24

Try taking his creative Freedom down
Set it to 'little' or just above 'little' so that would be #5 or #7
He will try less fancy shots and just put the ball in the net, I find it works well. Give it a go

Last edited:
yea, he likely is pushed out wide for space, making him roam will likely exacerbate the problem.

If he's so good put him at STc and put a striker who's better at crossing on the STl.

This was my first thought
g.gif

Last edited:
The mentality does not matter here. Since you play on the break, the forwards Will rush attacks no matter what mentality he is on. Apart from the obvious that it might be à coincidence( too few matches played to make à fuss about it), I would say that it HAS to so with the formation, the space being crowded and the angels poor.

I also think that's the problem, him moving wide to find space and getting bad angles.
But how do we solve it? I already have the AMCL to cut inside as he makes a great diagonal run from the left to the right and slices up defenses.

I played him a lot with the cut inside instructions, but that only led him cutting into crowded areas.

ATM I lowered his mentality so his base position would be deeper than the STC and the STR, that way he and others find more space. But due his forward runs he is still trying to find space by moving wide -> which leads to crossing and bad angles.

PS: If there are any tacticians i can upload my tactic, for testing purpose.

Thanks you al for the replies