Shots to goals ratio very poor, HELP

gdempsey

Reaction score
I've just created a new tactic which is going pretty good, however the amount of chances im creating or shots at goal to actual goals is pretty poor. Can anyone give me any tips 2 try solve my issue.

Cheers

So far after 6 league games as Man U manger I've had 187 shots, 67 on target and a return of 18 goals. Maybe I'm being greedy but I think I should be getting a better conversion rate??

It is a poor conversion rate, yes. Sounds like you're taking far too many shots. My tip is to review the shots you have. See if they're good chances or blocked or shots from distance etc and improve that.

Your players are probably taking a bunch of long shots, because it's all players do in this game. All they have eyes for is the Goal even if they're 50 yards away

It is the reason many find the game difficult. Without actually viewing your tactics/screenshots, I am guessing you play attacking football, and most oppositions will sit back and do all they can to defend against you, sometimes having all players behind the ball, making it incredibly difficult to break down. It is down to you to try and find a way, whether its through 'attack attack attack', drawing the opposition out via deep possession/counter attacks, direct to a target man with a poacher... lots of ideas. Also keep an eye out for any opposition weaknesses.

Your players are probably taking a bunch of long shots, because it's all players do in this game. All they have eyes for is the Goal even if they're 50 yards away

It's not as if im losing games or anything I actual enjoy the tactic but, just feel I should be scoring more goals considering the chances being created.

It's not as if im losing games or anything I actual enjoy the tactic but, just feel I should be scoring more goals considering the chances being created.

Tick the Long Shots options in the stats and see if they are shooting to much from distance.. if they are i feel like Looking for overlap and Be More disciplined helps a LITTLE bit, but that may be detrimental to your overall tactic

I wouldn't really say they're taking lots of shots outside the box. In my last game played there was 6 shots outside the box 3 of which a goal scoring chance.

The opposition keeper is making lots of saves in games against me.

31 goals in 10 league games is not bad i suppose...

I wouldn't really say they're taking lots of shots outside the box. In my last game played there was 6 shots outside the box 3 of which a goal scoring chance.

The opposition keeper is making lots of saves in games against me.

31 goals in 10 league games is not bad i suppose...

Much better than me that's for sure i had a game with 38 shots 25 came from long distance lol

View attachment 114942

2 games later this happened...

Tottenham were above me on goal difference before the game and my closest challengers. Safe 2 say my tactic is in full flow!!!

I actually think I've created a pretty decent tactic here, That Tottenham game was the highlight for me so far, still only 1 defeat in league a game in which i was down to 9 men! I would share it for testing 2 get some feedback on it but dont know how lol.