Should Garry O'Connor get in the Scotland Squad

Should Garry O'Connor get in the Scotland Squad?

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Footy4Life89

Banned
Reaction score
8 goals in 10 games so far this season on form playing well re-capturing the form that got him the big money move to Russia in his first stint at Hibs. He is scoring for fun take away the fact that he got himself in bother in the summer as he wasnt with a club then. In my opinion he should get in instead and partner Steven Fletcher up front with the strikers in the squad being:

O'Connor
Fletcher
Naismith
Miller
Goodwillie

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I haven't watched Garry O'Connor at all this season, but from what you've just said "8 goals in 10 games so far this season" is yes, great, but I doubt it warrants a call-up to the Scotland squad.

Goodwillie, IMO, is ****, so yes.

at the moment for Hibs he is a one man show In my opinion he is playing better than Naismith and Miller and deserve his chance

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Goodwillie, IMO, is ****, so yes.

10/10

Yes but he isnt good enough to start yet imo.

Fletcher>Goodwillie>Miller>Naismith>O'Connor>Mackail-Smith.
Naismith is more likely to be deployed as a winger and it is more likley that they will play one up top.

Im biased ofcourse, but i have watched O'Connor and he is one of few sparks in the Hibs team, so yes he should get his chance. Under Levein he wont ofcourse, he wont give a Hibs player a sniff in the Scotlan Setup, hope he proves me wrong.

Im biased ofcourse, but i have watched O'Connor and he is one of few sparks in the Hibs team, so yes he should get his chance. Under Levein he wont ofcourse, he wont give a Hibs player a sniff in the Scotlan Setup, hope he proves me wrong.

dead right there bud

Isn't this the Gary O'Connor that tested positive for cocaine when he was at Birmingham?

I'm tempted to say he'd fit right in with the Scotland squad but that would be harsh on Bannan.

Bit of a strange one that it's not being mentioned that he tested positive for cocaine and had no punishment from the FA, maybe the SFA are avoiding him... But then again they picked Goodwillie and he's a bit of a 'bad un' so I guess they could pick him regardless.

Isn't this the Gary O'Connor that tested positive for cocaine when he was at Birmingham?

I'm tempted to say he'd fit right in with the Scotland squad but that would be harsh on Bannan.

Bit of a strange one that it's not being mentioned that he tested positive for cocaine and had no punishment from the FA, maybe the SFA are avoiding him... But then again they picked Goodwillie and he's a bit of a 'bad un' so I guess they could pick him regardless.

Bannan is also a ****, he took the rage on twitter because he was called short \o/
He was punished, just not publicly.

O'Connor scored two again tonight 5 in his last 3 if he's not in the squad Levein needs to look at himself