Should I bother carrying on?

thfc1983

Reaction score
Ok just finished my first season with Peterbrough and I finished 14th, spent a fair bit of the season around 8th to 10th but veered away towards the end of the season after no wins in the last 6.

The board have offered me a new contract which I accepted for 2 years, but should I bother, it was a pretty average season to be fair but my target was mid table, has anyone done average in their first season and stuck with it and gone on to greater things.

My belief is FM really starts in season 2 as you can pick up players on free's and I have already managed to get Javi Navarro on a free from Sevilla (although he is 35) hoping he will stabalise my defence.

Or should I forget about it all and start my journeyman game?

depends how you feel about the game, you jus no whether the game your doing has the fizz.

Im in desperate need of a winning away tactic, its also not like im ever out of games, most games I have the most chances on goal but the other team get 3 shots in and beat me 3-2 or something, bit frustrating and had alot of injuries to my key players, I think I will go with it for the first couple of months of season 2 and re-evaluate it then.

I dont have a home or away tactic, no need changing the way you play upsets team rhythem I think.
I have just one tactic for all games and normally do well.

it depends if your have players that will improve or will have money to get rid of weaker players, but id stay on as the team should gel abit more and play better aslong as you keep that tactic pretty much the same ie formation, on the tactic front i allways found in league 1 and lower a 4-1-3-2 worked well had a few probs doing this in the prem and champ, btw that formation only works if you have a gelled team often i lose quite a few games then i start winning or drawing alot of games i won league 2 with swindon ,came 2nd in league 1 with carlise and won the blue square prem with luton in my first season with all of them, i moved around quite alot as i kept making teams lose money :( lol

i'll say this, if your thinking about quiting because you had an average first season, then your not cut out for a journeyman game mate.

i'll say this, if your thinking about quiting because you had an average first season, then your not cut out for a journeyman game mate.

fair point, but id expect an average season on a journeyman game, I guess I expected to do a bit better in this game, but im probably going to stick with it for a bit ive decided. I have a good attacking tactic for home games but if I use it in away games I tend to go 3-0 down in first half alot and end up losing 3-2

aha well, if you dont wanna play it you dont wanna play it, up to you

up 2 u but if u use the right tactics training ect peterborough become awesome

im in the same boat m8 wiv spurs finished 5th then 6th in my first 2 seasons semi final uefa cup just started my 3rd season havent won a thing but got an amazing squad of players
GK GOMEZ-ASENJO
RB SANTON-GAMEZ
LB FABIO
CB ZAPATA-SAKHO-WOODGATE-DERVITE
RM MODRIC-BENTLEY
LM ROBINHO-DOS SANTOS
CM VELOSO-MOUNINHIO-PALACIOS-KP BOATENG-HUDDLESTONE
ST KEANE KEIRRSON-PAVLYCHENKO

can anyone help me is there room for improvment and how can i break in to the top 3 in the league more importanly win a trophy p.s i was thinking at leavin at the end of my second season but im loving the squad and ive spent so much i did turn down the liverpool aswell

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Anyone???

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I really need help plus this is my only saved game aswell i wondering weather to start a new one

im in the same boat m8 wiv spurs finished 5th then 6th in my first 2 seasons semi final uefa cup just started my 3rd season havent won a thing but got an amazing squad of players
GK GOMEZ-ASENJO
RB SANTON-GAMEZ
LB FABIO
CB ZAPATA-SAKHO-WOODGATE-DERVITE
RM MODRIC-BENTLEY
LM ROBINHO-DOS SANTOS
CM VELOSO-MOUNINHIO-PALACIOS-KP BOATENG-HUDDLESTONE
ST KEANE KEIRRSON-PAVLYCHENKO

can anyone help me is there room for improvment and how can i break in to the top 3 in the league more importanly win a trophy p.s i was thinking at leavin at the end of my second season but im loving the squad and ive spent so much i did turn down the liverpool aswell

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Anyone???

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I really need help plus this is my only saved game aswell i wondering weather to start a new one

okay, well for starters a new striker is in order, marquinhos is probally your best bet, very good finisher, as for your midfield play a wide game, you had good wingers like dos santos and modric, veloso and moutinhio in centre, train keirison to go round keeper and place his shots, don't see anything wrong with your defense, your team all in all is pretty flawless, except you deffiently need someone new to partner with keirson, cardozo or lewandowski perhaps, someone who can head them home, cardozo for me has played 52 league games and scored 54 league goals so far... the tactic i play is 442 with two attacking midfielders one aml and one amr, works pretty well,

Ok just finished my first season with Peterbrough and I finished 14th, spent a fair bit of the season around 8th to 10th but veered away towards the end of the season after no wins in the last 6.

The board have offered me a new contract which I accepted for 2 years, but should I bother, it was a pretty average season to be fair but my target was mid table, has anyone done average in their first season and stuck with it and gone on to greater things.

My belief is FM really starts in season 2 as you can pick up players on free's and I have already managed to get Javi Navarro on a free from Sevilla (although he is 35) hoping he will stabalise my defence.

Or should I forget about it all and start my journeyman game?

Personally I think one of the main things that is great about this game and what keeps me playing it is putting my mark on a certain club, you should continue as long as you are feeling as though you want to and just maybe your team will end up in the Premiership in a few years.