Should i install LFC marshall? im starting a new game with top club in EPL

emman23

Reaction score
Should I? is it better than the official update?...

im thinking playing as either of any the big clubs.

of course it is the game doesnt have all transfers like Mourinho Pellegrini Moyes Negredo Jovetic Mignolet Schurlle Navas etc.
also budget changes

No, I think it is unfair to give an advantage to clubs that did early business in the transfer window. Just because they did their deals quicker than another club that shouldn't mean they get an advantage. When the transfer window shuts it will be fair but until then it is unfair to use it as its easier to achieve success with some clubs than it is without Marshalls database.

No, I think it is unfair to give an advantage to clubs that did early business in the transfer window. Just because they did their deals quicker than another club that shouldn't mean they get an advantage. When the transfer window shuts it will be fair but until then it is unfair to use it as its easier to achieve success with some clubs than it is without Marshalls database.

but it makes it unrealistic and either way if you choose to be Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City etc one of them you should be able to win the league anyway on either database so it doesnt matter if you use it or not how is it unfair ? but i would use it as i find the game unrealistic and not up to date

but it makes it unrealistic and either way if you choose to be Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City etc one of them you should be able to win the league anyway on either database so it doesnt matter if you use it or not how is it unfair ? but i would use it as i find the game unrealistic and not up to date

On that basis you would start a new game every day? As there are new transfers every day. Its also not that realistic as your playing with half updated squads because there is still a month left, it can not be realistic as they are not going to be the real squads those teams will go into the season with.

On that basis you would start a new game every day? As there are new transfers every day. Its also not that realistic as your playing with half updated squads because there is still a month left, it can not be realistic as they are not going to be the real squads those teams will go into the season with.

right i have my opinion you have yours end of.

Still undecided... Some says yes, some says no.. opinions are still welcome..

Also, i forgot to ask, is the LFC update also edit some players attributes? like bale, i dont think he is as good in the game as IRL.. or the update is just players changing teams?.... do some wonderkids, like maupay(wont buy him though), is better or weaker than the official update 13.3.3?

i always use lfcmarshall's update, and yes he does make CA and PA changes so Bale is now more realistic. Just try downloading it and giving it a go, if you don't like it then don't use it.

lfcmarshall's updates are usually pretty good. I've never used one before the transfer window shuts though. Once the transfer window is closed I usually download it and don't allow first-season transfer budgets. That's just how I play.

I didn't use it when I started mine recently. It's only realistic for about a day or two before another big move is announced. And since the only player Arsenal have signed is Sanogo I don't have much excitement.

Last edited:
In my opinion wont it zap the fun out of FM14 a bit? Im not going to use it but many have especially with the big changed to certain teams like Napoli, Norwich and Monaco, i think i will wait though, im a Liverpool fan but wont be using the new signings until fm14

Thanks!... I downloaded it, but i feel i should wait for the window to finish, kinda unfair for other teams.

I wont buy FM14 right away, probably after 2-3 months because of bugs.

YES! I am currently just downloading it.
Used it for FM11 and FM12 too.

I don't see any problem using it mid-way through a transfer window as long as you make sure "first season transfers" is checked.
Because then any extra business can be done by the AI - makes things a little bit more interesting imo.

Personally I don't ever use new season updates, mainly because it's FM13 and I want to play FM13 ;)....Also stuff like Pompey going from the Championship to League 2 in one jump would annoy me and some teams having done their transfer business (Man City) and other teams not doing it yet (Man Utd, Arsenal etc) I feel would give an unfair advantage/disadvantage if you were to be in that scenario.

Just my opinion though, I know a lot of people like the updates....each to their own :)

Surprised LFCMarshall didn't post telling you to use it.

I never use custom updates, but if you wanted updated lineups, then go nuts.